1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Card Sharing

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by mmdsinfo, Jun 19, 2007.

1. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

Has anyone heard or card sharing?
    From the little reading I've done, I gather that, if people buy a dreambox 7025 or something they can put their Sky card in, then if they have this box connected to the internet they can "Share" the card with other firends etc..!?

Does anyone know exactly how this works?
    What if there is no internet?

These new dreamboxes have usb support and all and seem to run Linux....

Itching for information or even a link!?

thanks in advance

2. dc69

dc69 Regular member

yeah,theres plenty of info,just type it into google.just remember someone has to pay for the sky subscription in the first place,internet need to always be on and you need a server to host it,i think

3. mmdsinfo

mmdsinfo Member

Hi there,

Yes I've being doing a bit more reading. Seems that it would not be a worthwhile investiment at the moment as Sky intend to have a full card chance complete by 2008 and the new cards won't work with the existing dreamboxes (i'm sure it won't take long for someone to get around it however).

One person does have a subscription and they run the cardsharing server service/daemon others have the cardsharing client on their machine and they talk over the internet...

thanks for your help

4. mgb17

mgb17 Regular member

The amount of clients is limited. You cannot serve the whole street via one card.