1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caribe virus on a V800

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by canguro, Mar 10, 2005.

1. canguro

canguro Member

Hello. Does anyone know of a removal tool for this virus which has infected my friends V800? I know of of one for Nokia phones. Does it work for Sony Ericsson as well?

2. meta1

meta1 Regular member

I'm not sure of one myself but it may be worth you trying the Nokia version, if this doesn't work then, as long as the guy doesn't mind losing some of his saved pictures, tones etc.. or backs them up then flashing the phone would cure it.

3. canguro

canguro Member

I will try that and let you know if it works. After some research, the virus and it's associated files can be deleted manually using a file mangager but i don't know of one for Sony Ericsson phones. Anyone know of a file manager for Sony Ericsson??
    Also, how does one "flash" a phone?
    Thankyou!

4. meta1

meta1 Regular member

To "flash" a Sony you will need a Terminator Dongle: http://eu.kabelmanie.cz/good.php?goodId:98|TERMINATOR-DONGLE for reference.

All Sony software can be found here: http://www.clubsonyericsson.com/en/software.shtml

There are file managers avaliable from here, they don't say they are compatable with the V800 but I have tried it and they seem to work fine.

There is also a file manager on the V800, maybe a look around this may help you sort out the problem? There may be a file manager on the phone, but without looking myself I'm not sure.