1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cartoon mpgs - audio/video sync problems

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by fuches, Dec 15, 2003.

1. fuches

fuches Member

I have some old cartoons that are in mpg format. When I watch them on my computer - they are perfect. The quality of the video is not bad - and the audio is fine. When I open them in virtualdub - I get several errors either in reference to the audio or video - however - I scroll through the video in virtual dub - and there is no "visual problem" that I can pick out.

I am using Ulead DVD movie Factory as my authoring program (I find it the best to use - for my purposes). I import my mpgs, set up all my menues - get everythign the way I want it to be. It burns fine. Then when I go to play it - every single video is out of sync. They all start off perfect - but as time goes on - they get more and more out of sync.

Each cartoon is about 22 minutes long. It appears around the 15-18 minute mark - they slolwy start getting off time from each other. By the end - there is about a 2 - 3 second delay between the audio and video.

Is there a program I can use to tell me what the problem is? I tried concerting the mpgs to Divx (5.05) to see if there was a difference. The only difference was - that the AVI files I created were twice the size of the MPG - and the audio was still out of sync.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Guest

Not sure but it sounds to me like maybe the audio tracks in your mpegs are encoded at the wrong bitrate. I could be wrong though, as I haven't had to deal with your particular problem before in my own projects.

3. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo fuches, may I know what is the original video format MPEG-1 or MPEG-2? Just to narrow down the problem, after creating all the chapters in Ulead DVD Factory, was the playback OK when you view video before burning? Honestly, audio/video synchronization problems normally occur during encoding but not during burning if the original MPEG is in good condition. Hey, another alternative is to edit original MPEG (MPEG-1) with TMPGEnc to eliminate possible problems (not standard video format) before burning again.