1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

case fan

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Freekman, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Freekman

Freekman Regular member

i am wondering if there is anywhere that i could buy a side window that would have 4 plus fans for my APEVIA X-Dreamer II or would i have to mod it myself

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i would go for the mod it yourself method. i put a clear lexan side pannel on to house 2 120 mm fans. hardest part was drilling out the circles for the fans since i didnt have the hole saw i needed in my dorm room. another benefit of doing it yourself is you can position the fans where you want them at. but out of curiousity, what do you need for side fans for??

3. Freekman

Freekman Regular member

ya i was thinking about it and i would rather do it myself anyways, but it is just, because i have terible airflow in my case so i have to keep the side panel of plus it would look cooler with all those led fans

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

i see. it doesnt take that long to complete the process, i cut the lexan down to size with a utility knife and it only took about 5 minutes or so. the drilling process took abuot 15 or so, because i had to outline the two fan holes before i could do a rough finish pass with the utility knife. but if you have a dremel or hole saw it shouldnt take that long at all.