1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCCam

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jassie78, Sep 5, 2011.

1. jassie78

jassie78 Member

Guys,

I have purchased a DM500S today and a friend of mine said there's no point on installing a firmware on the receiver and we can install the CCCam manually via FTP or Dreamup. If I was to install the firmware then I would have the add-ons option with latest CCCams to select.

what is the benefit of installing the latest CCCam and having firmware installed?

Which firmware would be the best for a clone Dreambox 500S with the least bugs?

Searching the internet I found Nabilo Darkstar II is the proberly the safest image,any reccomendations?

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

why not use the image you have on the box. it probably is gemini and should be fine

3. jassie78

jassie78 Member

This is what my friend told to install the cccam manually and not bother with firmware as well. So why do people install firmware?

I have cccam 2.1.3 shall I use this one or use a more upto date version. what is the benefit of having a newer version?

A Friend said if I download the firmware then I will have a add-ons option in the dreambox and as soon as a newer version of cccam is available the box will select automatically and same with the latest channel list. Can somebody confirm this?

4. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

cccam 2.1.3 is perfect. there is a minor benefit in updating to 2.2.1 in that you can see ecm times and it has support for some extra cards. however if you are using a sly card 2.1.3 is perfectly fine.

as for your friends comments hmmmm. Most images have removed the ability to download CAMs in recent times so in many cases you either have to manually install via the /tmp method or install an extra plugin that will give you a different location where CAMs are available.

The channel list is another problem. Over time transponder frequencies change for certain channels. What happens is one day the channel works the next day ti doesn't. In such a case you need to do a rescan and copy the new channel into your bouquet list