1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCE SP v2.70 Retail, Out of sync problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by -LoNeR-, Mar 23, 2005.

1. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Hey guys

im just branched out and started using CCE SP, just bought it and i think its a great encoder - so fast.

the problem is, when i get the .vaf .wav and the .mpv files on my HDD i try to encode to DVD with Tmpgenc DVD Author, or even with Tmpgenc express & and it goes out of sync, this makes no sense to me - ive tried it soo many times, i dont know the problem

any/all help will be appreciated

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Firstly what type of Source Files are you useing (Are they Movies you downloaded or are they files you captured with a Capture Card or are they From a DV Camcorder ect)
    and if these are Files you downloaded Did you decompress the audio first before encodeing because if the AVI has VBR Mp3 audio you will get Sync problems unless you decompress the audio first....

Also I do not understand at all why you would use "Tmpgenc Xpress" after you have just used CCE SP because Tmpgenc Xpress is Just an encoder Like CCE so why encode the file Twice as it will not help your Sync problem....

Also in CCE SP you should select the "Mpeg-1 Layer 2" as the Audio Format and Not "Wav" because wav uses up to 10 times as Much Space on the DVD as "Mpeg-1 Layer 2" audio does....

I have a feeling that your Sync problem is due to the audio in your AVI file being VBR MP3 and this is why you are experienceing Sync problems...To solve this you Must decompress the audio in your AVI file before encodeing it...
    If you PM me with your Email address I can send you a simple Tool that will decompress the audio in your AVI file....
    Also when useing CCE do not change any of the FrameRate settings because this will cause sync problems...

Cheers

PS: I doubt you Bought CCE SP, Why? because it Costs $2000 US, but Like I care....But if you did buy it you wasted your Money as you can get the Basic Version for $58.....

3. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

First im encoding an xvid avi file, which is a release of a TV show, which was captured from a HDTV - if it matters..

and secondly - yes i did buy it, why? because i wanted to know what all the fuss was about - everyone said it was the best, i like to have the best, lol

that was because i was trying it instead of CCE or just to check - i tried millions of things... unfortunately none of them worked.

one last problem ive just noticed - the CCE SP is reporting the video files to be a minute shorter then they actually are, this i cannot explain, any idea why its doin this?

4. inuse

inuse Member

I get the thing with the timing. My reason is I've got an NTSC avi (23.9... fps) and I'm making a Pal DVD (25 fps). It's just a speed thing, not really a problem. All the film is still there. One side effect to this though is that the audio stream needs to be adjusted accordingly which will give you the same time for the audio stream and the film. If the encoder changes the framerate of the video portion you may have to demux the audio and alter the "framerate" of it. You don't make it clear wether or not you're using a seperate video and audio stream or not. Not sure wether it makes any difference. If you're changing the frame rate of the vid during encoding (ntsc to pal or visa versa), you may be better demuxing the audio first, alter the frame rate of it (Goldwave, BeSweet) to match the encoded vid and then import the seperate streams into your authoring program. If this is your problem you should find that the length of the vid & audio match.

5. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

Hmm

the video is a encoded TV show from america (ntsc) and i am trying to convert to pal...

its one avi file & 350meg big

it lasts 41.47 minutes long, but also - the CCE SP reads it as being 40:39 long.....

can you explain that?...

so - to demux, go into virtualdubmod and select demux? but it just gives me a 'file' im not sure what to do with it - is it an audio file?...

6. inuse

inuse Member

I get slightly confused about ntscs what with all this 3:2 pulldown business and what have you. If the frame rate of the vid is 23.9... I may be able to help you. First of all you need to get "G-Spot" to find out what the frame rate of your video is and also what type of audio is in the file. If it's 23.9... you need to demux or save as wav the audio in virtual dub mod. It depends on the audio. I've only dealt with ac3 so I just demux it as it's already DVD compatible. The only thing I have to do then is alter the frame rate of the audio with AC3Machine (a front end for Besweet) to 25 fps (PAL frame rate). I think Besweet can handle most audio types and turn them into anything you want depending on what your DVD authoring program will accept, but more importantly you can change the frame rate from ntsc to pal or whatever. After you've done that the length of the audio stream should match your video in CCE. I presume you've got some kind of PAL template set-up in CCE. I'll bet if you change it to NTSC DVD, which is not what you're after I know, the length of your video will change in CCE to match your original file, with it already being NTSC. Try it just to see. It has the effect of either speeding up the playback of the film or slowing it down depending on which way you're converting, so if you speed up the video portion when you change the frame rate in CCE, you have to speed up the audio to match, otherwise it's going to be out of sync. So, get G-Spot, find out the frame rate of your video and what type of audio it contains and then post the info back here and i'll see if I can help you. I presume you're converting to DVD, if not you may be better of waiting for some more replies.

7. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

thanks very much for the reply - ill try that, lot of information :D

8. inuse

inuse Member

I do tend to ramble on a bit. I meant to mention to deal with your video and audio seperately. I had a film just recently, going from ntsc to pal and I tried to convert both streams in CCE and for some reason the audio was way off. Not sure why this is the case. You'd think it would alter the audio accordingly. Maybe it was just me but when I tried the above method, keeping the streams seperate, it was fine. Good luck anyway.

9. -LoNeR-

-LoNeR- Active member

lol, ive solved both my problems now - i found the setting to make it proper widescreen & i formatted and everything is in sync now :D

one thing.... it takes longer then before - but who cares :D