1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-audio to DVD (or DVD-audio)

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by palaeo, Dec 4, 2009.

1. palaeo

palaeo Member

This was originally a thread started by A_Klingon with lots of input from Wilkes involving getting redbook 44.1 audio onto DVD. The issue hasn't gone away -- or indeed got better to my mind -- but software alternative exist now and Minnetonka software is more diverse. Here's my 2 cents worth targeted at the two users above and anyone who would like to comment. With DVD R DL now and a multiplicity of cheap DVD-V players with DVD-A thrown in (e.g., Pioneer), there is scope for 12+ GB of 44.1 wavs on a DVD-A disc but the Group structure of DVD-audio becomes limiting -- only 99 tracks per Group, with many DVD-A players making access to different Groups difficult or impossible without a connected display.

So (Wilkes!), what about discwelder Track Points? Can an individual WAV (say, a 500 MB wav of an entire CD ) be split by Track Point to exceed the 99 Track limit (as these Track Points are surely just Track Indices, of which 99 can be made per track)? If so, and you're in the business of authoring, you'd have a project customer in me as I want to put > 99 tracks on a disc without messing around with Groups (as my bloody Pioneer won't let e switch Groups via anything other than the TV GUI)...

Anyone cracked this potato yet (A_Klingon)??

cheers,
    P

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/40902

2. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

Oh dear - I am really sorry but have just not been around for a while now.

Each group can contain up to 99 titles, which can in turn contain up to 99 tracks, but there cannot be more than 99 tracks in any one group.
    You can, if using scripting in Sonic, set up a disc for sequential playback across multiple groups so that it ends one & starts the next automatically.