1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Burn Mode Change 1 to 2

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by GWM, Jun 20, 2007.

1. GWM

GWM Member

Hi all, I am new to here.

Have a problem:

I have an original CD automotive navigation disc that is in Mode 1 format.
    I have copied this to HD (no copy protection on disc) & have successfully burnt copy discs in the same Mode 1 format using nero.

I however also need to burn a Mode 2, Form 1 version copy of this map disc (some earlier car nav units will only recognise Mode 2 format) Cant see any Mode 2 burning options in nero although can confirm disc mode in disc info section.

I have tried using MagicISO in Mode 2 format but it still burnt in Mode 1

Although I haven't succesfully done this myself, I do know of this same disc info having been changed to Mode 2 & achieving the desired result.

I am not at all computer savy (know only basics) can somebody please give me a detailed "easy" to follow method of achieving this??

Help will be very much apreciated.

Thanks in advance

Please bear in mind - I am not very familiar with navigating programmes with this sort of thing.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

In Nero:

Start Burning ROM
    Click ISO tab in New Compilation window.
    There should be a dropdown "Date Mode" menu near the top to select the mode.

3. GWM

GWM Member

Thanks for the reply.

I have nero express - cant find in that, - does this programme not support what you mention??
    Assumming not - which nero programme do I need or is there another programme I can use?

Sorry for the silly Qs but as I said - I am not overly conversant with this so help is much appreciated

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

I don't know if the Express-only OEM version of Nero will allow you to do both Mode 2 and Mode 1 or not. You may have to have the Nero Burning ROM portion of the program. NBR is fouund in the full program suite as well as some OEM versions bundled with computer systems and/or DVD burners. Nero has a 30-day free trial that is fully functional for the most part.

http://www.nero.com/eng/Downloads.html

You might try Deep Burner. They advertise it as capable of both modes. I don't know if the free version does both modes or not.

http://www.deepburner.com/

5. GWM

GWM Member

Thanks for the replies.

Have just downloaded nero v7.7 . 5.1 from this site accessed by the link from the highlighted "nero" in this thread. Your link showed only updates of existing versions from what I could see so didnt think that would work.

Downloaded nearly 400MB of data but as I tried to load to computer I came to a standstill at the request for a serial number -the one already existing in the box I am told has expired when I click the "next" button. Not having the correct number I cant proceed past this point.

It is labelled as Nero 7 Demo & in My Documents it shows as all trial, so from that surely it should be able to work.

Any magic answer to this problem?? Most frustrating!.

Thanks

6. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Hello again.

The Nero trial is picky. Have you ever downloaded and used a Nero trial before that has expired after 30 days? It seems to be picking up that you have.