1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd burner wont read or write

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by hicjam, May 6, 2007.

1. hicjam

hicjam Member

hope I am in the right place to ask this one..just recently my cd burner has stopped reading and writing all the cables are there and are working the unit itself has power but I cant do a thing with it any ideas thank you

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

try the hardware section next time, try and do a system restore point on your computer (the option is some where in your tool bar), be sure to back up files, then try and update your drivers for (go to your device manager) anyway the price on the market for them is dirt cheap like i payed 30 bucks for a new DVD+RW DL LIGHTSCRIBE BURNER, so don't panic it won't put a hole in your pocket

3. hicjam

hicjam Member

hi thanks for your reply sorry it took so long to get back to you the unit is old as far as units go so I may as well buy a new one rather than just play with it thanks again

4. tripplite

tripplite Guest

ya its ten bucks to get a new one, same thing happened to me i just gave gave up went to walmart and spent more on fuel then on the burner, cheers