1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Burning Software

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by JBlotnik, Mar 4, 2004.

1. JBlotnik

JBlotnik Member

I am looking for a CD burning program that will burn CD-Rs.CD-RWs only.

I don't want one that will wash my car, spit polish my shoes, kiss the wife, film live action movies, copy books or cook oriental foods. I JUST want to burn CDs.

Most of the software out there tries to do everything and as a result does nothing well.

Any ideas???

Thanks, Joe

2. Damon1

Damon1 Regular member

If you mean by "burn cd's" that you want to copy then:

The most widely used "simple" copier (but that's all it does, copy cd's) is CloneCD, it's getting a little dated, but it a had one upgrade not too long ago.

Otherwise if want to be able to do more than copy cd's, eg burn data from HD, compile audio tracks from HD then burn to cd, etc. You can't go past Nero, it's simply the best burner on the market, and also has a wizard driven GUI for ease of use called Nero Express. Definitely does alot of other stuff, but you really can't go past it.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

RecordNow DX is a very solid, stable and no-nonsense burning program and well worth the $40. There's free 30-day trial to check it out:

http://www.orlogix.com/support_download.php?type=trial&pn=rndx

You can also try BurnAtOnce which is a free and relatively simple burning app here:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cdr_software/cdr_applications/burnatonce.cfm
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Gigabyte 8INXP, Intel P4HT 3.06
    Mushkin 1024 MB PC2100
    Sapphire 9800 Pro
    Plextor PX-708A/Plextor Premium/LTD-166S
    M-Audio Revolution 7.1
    "And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2004
  4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Deepburner (free) and Nero are pretty good all in one suites. Note that due to their generality, you wont be able to doall the fancy things (i.e., duplicate copyprotected cds) as one can with more specialized progrms.

5. benny_t

benny_t Guest

I have found that Alcohol 120% or Blindwrite works great. Read the guides for coping any kind of CD.

6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Yes but they arent quite "all-in-one" packages, speaking of which, CDRWIN5 and PADUS Discjuggler are also good optons too albeit a little more complicated.