1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Cover Art

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by kzm007, Jun 7, 2006.

1. kzm007

kzm007 Regular member

Hi- I have a bunch of CD-Rs lying around, and would like to make cover art for the cases. Is there a free program that helps me get the correct size for a CD case and helps design the artwork?

Also, what kind of case do I need so I can have artwork on the front and back (like a regular case)? Thanks, Kegan

2. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

You just need regular cd jewel cases. They're at office supply stores. You should be able to see the thickness of the case through the package (slim-cases are much thinner, but they don't hold the back cover art.)

Download.com has a lot of software for cd cover designers, but it looks like a lot of them are trial software, not totally free. Go to www.download.com and search 'cd covers' if you want to see them.

3. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

@ kzm007 Free covers.net has a lot of free CD covers also XP under cover will hook you up with the right dimensions for whatever cases you pick up. Chris

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006