1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cd doesn't play on my vcd player???

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by joetech, Jan 28, 2005.

1. joetech

joetech Member

Hi all,

I copied a vcd movie with my pc. The movies plays on my pc but not on my vcd player. Does anyone got a solution????

Joetech

2. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Dear JOE TECH -as I am someone with 2 dvd burners -2 dvd playes a stand alone dvd recorder and a Video CD recorder (TERAPIN)) perhaps I can be of service in solving your question/problem ?! On my terappin VCD recorder I have found that it does not like IMation brand CDR media although I can record audio/ video /data or whatever on them with my computer with no problem. I understand yours is a playback problem but perhaps your problem is compatabilty have you tried recording your VCD disk on a different brand? or perhaps ata slower speed ? I wish I could be more helpful but just by what you have posted this is as much as I can come up with . were you able to playback your VCD disk from your computer before or is this your first effort! HOpe I steered you in the right direction (and thats no bull) peace

3. camstuf

camstuf Guest

4. joetech

joetech Member

Many Thanks for your logical advice. Do you have any idea which brand of dvd burners + cd+ dvd and most important dvd recorder player that are most competiable with the least amount conficts???

Joetech

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

Joetech- assuming that the previously mentioned incompatability problem is not an issue here . The surest way to have your Video CD's playback on a player= DVD/ VCD player is to make sure that your player supports the VCD or super VCD formats . I notice you said VCD player in your last post so I don't think that would be an issue here. However if you are using a DVD player to play your VCD's things could get tricky. Most dvd players made in the last few years support VCD formats if not both VCD & SVCD formats as well as DVD movies CDR/CDRW MP3's audio ect. As one of our fellow afterdawner's has said previously most of the recent DVD players will read/play a cheeze pizza if the mozzarella isn't to thick(LOL!) Seriously though some DVD Players support these formats and state so in the manual ,some do but don't say anything in the manual about it, and some don't support either format VCD or SVCD . So if I may suggest the following you might try . #1 read your manual for you player if you have one . #2 Try another brand of CDR Media to see if it helps. #3 research on the internet (like your doing now for example . #4 Contact your Players manufacturer if possible either by snail mail or email the probably have a web site with a customer service area. 5. Make sure you are actually making A video CD disc and not just a data disc containinga bunch of MPEGS/AVI's or whatever as I think this might play on your computer but not your player. #6 Make sure that after making your VCD recording movie or what have you that you finalize your disc . It's a little thing I know but if you don't finalize your recording it won't playback on your player . I hope this helps you out. Have a good day and -peace my friend

Last edited: Jan 31, 2005