1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD/DVD-A dual discs a reality!

Discussion in 'High resolution audio' started by wilkes, Jan 24, 2004.

1. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

http://www.audiorevolution.com/news/0104/22.flipdisc.html

It looks as if the long awaited dual format disc is to become a reality. This will give standard CD on one side, and DVD-Audio on the other, which of course could include either High Resolution Stereo versions, Surround versions, or both!

IMO, the minute the blanks become available, that's it for SACD.
    Why? Simple - it will put high res and DVD-A firmly in the hands of home users at last, which SACD can never do, given the prohibitive costs of SACD creation, and it's lack of DAW compatibility (ever tried remixing something in DSD?)

I guess time will tell, but it looks as if the so-called "format war" is about to be won.

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I think this will be the death of SACD. Now that backwards compatability is available. I am not too sure about the cheap software solution, but this would sell it too the general public waiting to upgrade.

3. wilkes

wilkes Regular member

From March/April, you'll be able to get extremely basic, cut down DVD-Audio authoring at $99.
    www.discWelder.com

I've got the Chrome version, and if Bronze is as easy to use it will take you around 10 minutes to build your first disc, and gets quicker...