1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd/dvd label makers

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by wavegravy, Feb 18, 2004.

1. wavegravy

wavegravy Member

looking for software to make cd and dvd labels and inserts in windows XP. Used to use easy cdcreator which came with my HP-8001i burner. It was quick and simple to use. I find Nero confusing and not as easy.

2. pma55667

pma55667 Guest

Try SureThing CD Labeler Deluxe 3.1, works a treat for anything I've needed.

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

CDRWIN5 comes with one :)

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

I would've thought that Nephilim would've responded to this one but here it is. Paper CD labels add an unbalancing force to the disc's spin. Considering the speeds that ROMs spin at today, that added weight can unbalance a disc causing a high-speed wobble that will make it difficult for the disc to be read. It could even cause potential harm to your drive.

If you have to decorate your disc then get a printer that can use the new printable discs or do what a lot of us do, use sharpies.

5. cozza1987

cozza1987 Guest

I have heard that if you put the label on the CD/DVD before burning, that the disc will work correctly, as it is burned with that unbalanceness.

Im not sure if this works, i havnt even tried it, as i think labels are just a complete waste of time.

Regards
    CoZZa

6. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I just use an Oil Based Pen or anything that can write on a CD.

As for sharpies, what is it? Is it engraving on a CD with a sharp object? :)

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

A sharpy is a fine tipped permanent maker that comes in 4 colors and excellent for labeling discs.

If you put the paper on before burning you will just have a head start on read errors. Try it! Put a paper label on and then burn. Once that's done run through a test for errors such as a PI/PO test or use Nero CD-DVD test which isn't as good but it will do.

The problem is that a wobble won't occur in the same outer direction all the time. The centrifugal force will vary each time its played. If you have to decorate then a good compromise would be to use the new printable discs.
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  8. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

I think the latest nero also comes with the cd/dvd labeler as well... I've never used it, but give it a try. It won't hurt...

Hoped this helped...

9. vader3234

vader3234 Guest

but does any one have a good site to download dvd movie labels? Thanks.

10. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Try www.cdcovers.cc

11. vader3234

vader3234 Guest

ah yes, thank you much.

12. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You're welcome!

13. forkndave

forkndave Member

Try http://www.incomplete.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/covers.html They have excellent covers although not too big a selection. They also have links for cdcovers.cc and daprogger (another good site, althought the downloads can be slow) if they don't have what you want.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Soyo KT-600 Ultra Platinum, XP 3000+, 1024 MB PC 3200
    160 GB Maxtor SATA, 60 GB Seagate IDE
    Lite-On LDW 411S@811S, Lite-On SOHD 167T, Pioneer A07
    GF FX 5600 Ultra[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004