1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD+G Support for Exact Audio Copy

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Supacon, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Supacon

Supacon Member

I have been trying to garner support for the development of a new feature for the best CD-Ripper available - Exact Audio Copy (EAC). I am interested in knowing how many people out there know and love EAC and would like to be able to use it for extracting CDG subcode channel data from karoke discs. Currently there are a number of extractors out there that will handle CD+G, but none are nearly as good as EAC.

If you are interested in this, please post here, and/or e-mail me at jdlien-ad /\T fullspec.ca.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I am probably one of EACs biggest fans, but am not really into the karaoke thing (unless I'm too drunk at a bar somewhere...luckily thats not too often)

so what, you want to write your own plugin for EAC?

3. Supacon

Supacon Member

Well, not really write my own plugin for EAC, but if it comes to that, maybe. I'm currently trying to encourage the author to develop such a feature, and I am looking for people that are also interested to help encourage him.

I am personally willing to donate some money to Andre for his efforts, and would like to encourage others to do so as well. But mainly I want to determine if there is a big enough user base that would benefit from this for Andre to actually invest the time to modify his program.

Currently, Jackie Franck's Audiograbber supports CD+G, but EAC is a much superior program (in my opnion). I'd like to see the same features in EAC so that I could ultimately do away with Audiograbber. (sorry Jackie, if you happen to read this).

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005