1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Jewel Case sized DVD covers

Discussion in 'Resource center' started by Zev0, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Zev0

Zev0 Member

When I backup my dvds I put in cd jewel cases. I've searched high and low but can't seem to locate anyplace that has cd jewel case sized movie covers. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

I use an OLD program called Print Master Gold 3.0 to make case covers of whatever size I need.

I believe that standard CD cases are about 4.75 inch square. Anyway, I made a template for that size. You can scan your original or copy a picture from anywhere. Then use the program to crop/resize/edit the picture as you wish.

Works great for me. I suspect most any graphics program could be used in a like manner.

3. t-loader

t-loader Member

Hi i use coverpro it has the option to make any size cover in the user options.

4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

you can make your own with any program that will let you make yout own Cd jewel case labels/covers a good one for many types of cases is Undercover XP ! Putting your Dvd's in Cd jewel cases ,you run the risk of cracking them around the spindle hole ! DVD 's are thinner and more likely to crack in this area than CD's ! & yes I know some DVD media comes in Cd type jewel cases ! but I think that is more of a price point thing ! The risk may be slight but of you get a crack on your dvd and you play/burn it ! it could shatter !!! Then you lose your movie abd your drive ! It's your choice though ! I would stick with DVD cases-either slimline or standard , CD/DVD wallets or binders & or DJ type hardcases were it me ! Good luck though!

5. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

I have found some cd cases that will fit dvds. These were sold in the Real Canadian Superstore, but I haven't seen them for about 6 months. Unfortunately, I threw out the packaging and couldn't tell you who made them. These were made of white opaque soft pliable plastic. The centers were star shaped.

Yes, BIGTOXY69 is correct in stating that the majority of cd case centers are too large for dvds. This is especially true with hard plastics.