1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd mp3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by carapalid, Jun 28, 2007.

1. carapalid

carapalid Member

sorry i am still a noob into all this... i have spent a few hours reading some threads here and on the net but i still don't understand one thing...

when adding the "album art" to mp3s... is there a standard way to name the album art file so ANY MP3 PLAYER will show the art?

me and my sisters have different mp3 players... and sometimes my album art shows on my young sister's player (ipod nano) but it doesn't show on my other sister's player (zune)... and vice versa. and i have a sansa e250 player... sometimes it shows, sometimes it doesn't.

or does EACH MP3 PLAYER require you to name the album art a certain way so it can display the album?

right now this is how i have my album art named;

i have a folder called Nirvana. Inside the Nirvana folder I have subfolders; Nirvana Cd1, Nirvana Cd2,e etc. Then inside each sub folder I have my songs tagged like this; artist/album/song... and inside each folder i have my "album.jpg". But I am actually using the word "album" I am not using the "name of the album".

and what about size... is there a specific size i should stick with that will give me more compatibility between players? right now i have them at 90x90 px.

thank you.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  2. buxton

buxton Regular member

Album Art in the folder will show up when you thumbnail the folder. To get the Album to appear on the player you need to embed the .jpg into the MP3. Grab MP3 Tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ drop your .jpg in and save.

Grab all the files you want the pic save to.