1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD/R audio capability

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by BillC523, Aug 22, 2010.

1. BillC523

BillC523 Member

Hi, I'm Bill, a newbe to this forum and also, new to burning a music cd.

Here's my roadblock, help me out please! I recently purchased a Roland digital recorder R05 (fits in my shirt pocket). I have recorded four separate sessions at church, two of church choir rehearsals and two of church services. Each recording is 1 - 1 1/2 hrs. duration. Two sessions set at MP3(128kbts/44.1kHz) and two sessions set at WAV(16 bit/44.1kHz). The owner's manual recommends the WAV setting for creating a quality music CD on my computer.
    O.K., this is where it gets interesting. WAV(16bit/44.1kHz) uses 2 GB in 180 minutes recording time. The MP3(128kbps/44.1kHz) is no problem, except maybe the 80 minute time limitation of the CD/R. which is common to both settings.

My 3 concerns; capacity of CD/R; 700 megabit, 80 minutes duration, two different record settings and a add-on, how fast should it be burnt.

I look forward to your help, it's probably simple!

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  2. attar

attar Senior member

As you an see in this example from ImgBurn, this particular burner when using a Ritek CD, supports 16x 24x 40x 48x.

If you are creating an audio CD with the likes of Nero, you would specify one of those speeds.
    If you were simply burning the mp3 files as data with the likes of ImgBurn, you would do the same.
    In either case you cannot exceed the data capacity of the disk (in the case of mp3) or the 80 minute limit for an audio CD.

[​IMG]

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

if you write the mp3 to a disk as data should fit.if your gonna use wave files probably will work on a dvd-r or dvd+r.