1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-R & CD+R?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by endz, Jan 11, 2007.

1. endz

endz Regular member

Hey everyone

I want to buy some Blank DVD's so i can burn the dvds clustering my HD, Could someone tell me if their is certain types of DVDs which give best quality or quality diffrences etc.

Also what exactly is the diffrence between DVD-R, DVD+R and the combined one?

Thanks alot

2. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim make the most compatible media, and they are very high quality. Other well known brand names such as Fuji, HP, Imation, Maxell, Memorex, Philips, Sony, and TDK offer good discs; but they are often less compatible and pose problems in drives newly introduced to the market or not well supported with updates. Discs that do not work on such drives are often blamed for poor quality; but because incompatibility and poor quality share the same symptoms in many cases, it is not easy to determine which is which. A great deal depends on one's drive as to how the recording quality will be on a particular disc.

There are quality differences in discs, but it often requires sophisticated equipment to truly determine those differences. There is little quality difference between DVD-R and DVD+R other than some technical arguments over the advantage of ADIP used in DVD+R. A useful feature with some drives is that they can falsify a DVD+R disc to appear as a regular DVD-ROM movie disc for a bit greater compatibility in DVD players. By "combined one" I think you mean dual format drives, not media. All 8X or faster drives are dual format, meaning they can record to either DVD+R or DVD-R.

3. endz

endz Regular member

Thanks alot, it really helped me out :)