1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD- R Problem will only play on computer?

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by kkwarrior, Nov 3, 2004.

1. kkwarrior

kkwarrior Guest

I work on the tape ministry in our church and we have switched to cd's howerver when I copy my master of our service on to other CD-R's it will only play in a computer I need for people to be able to play them in their or home CD Player. Can any give me a suggestion as how to make this work? I'm new at this so I need the simple way.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what are you saving onto disk, wav, mpeg or data files. what burning program are you using & are you finalising cd or session

3. kkwarrior

kkwarrior Guest

Yes I'm finalizing the session the programs are realone Player and the other is windows media I was saving the files as mpeg3. Thanks for your help

4. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

I take it you mean MP3...

What burning software are you using ? Nero ?

If you are using nero, make sure you create a CD, Audio CD, Not a Data CD, and you drag the MP3's from the right hand side to the left hand side.

Then burn.

Also try burining at a lower speed, say 12x or so.

CJC

5. kkwarrior

kkwarrior Guest

I'm using real one player and also I can use windows media player. I can get them to burn but they wont play in a car or a stand alone player only in a another computer and yes (ha, ha) I did mean MP3.

Thanks KKwarrior

6. kkwarrior

kkwarrior Guest

Everyone Thank You , choosing audio and using a slower speed made work!

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try finalising cd not session as finalising session means more stuff can be added to cd but only computers can read them whereas finalising cd means no more stuff can be added to cd & regular cd players can play them besides computers

8. CJC

CJC Regular member

Glad you got it working...

CJC