1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd rip application with cddb or freedb search?!

Discussion in 'Audio' started by puppetj, Apr 26, 2007.

1. puppetj

puppetj Member

hello, i hope you can help me, i have many cds that do not have the cd info on them for some reason, so i want to rerip them but in the app the i use nero( which i know i dont think use you this) or cdgrabber i get no info , aynway is the a app the will say i know the artist & cd album title if i type them in if will serach for the rest of the album info like track name, years & such and auto fill them in, is there such cd rip app that you know of? thanks!

2. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

Windows Media Player does that.
    Real Player probably does that too.
    SonicStage does too (software for my mp3 player but can be used just as a audio player)

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

As does cd-paranoia and dbpoweramp. I think most modern cd rippers use the online databases.

4. puppetj

puppetj Member

sorry maybe you misunderstood, if i put a cd that was burned awhile ago, and i want to rerip and it cant find the cd info for it, like nero cant is there a app that can say i only fill out the artist &/or album name it can fill in the rest of the info, because if you say most modern app can do that nero & media monkey cant, dont you think they should be able to? do you understand what i mean, thanks for help so far thought

5. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

What version of Nero do you have. I just tried to rip an audio cd with it and it turns out it actually does find the track information. Hey you learn something new everyday.

I have version 7. I opened StartSmart. Selected CD, Audio and then Convert Audio CD's to Audio Files. It asked me when it started if I wanted to lookup the track information from an online database.

6. puppetj

puppetj Member

have have same version, also used 5.5, dbpoweramp, wmp, etc, but this cd was burned with mp3 that had no id tags in them at the time or the id tag info was lost when buring to cd for some reason, so i want to put the cd in, it looks and find no info, but then i type in artist name &/or album name, and it gives me results i choose then apply that to the info, because i have seeing trackno1 - trackno16 per say you know what i mean??

7. olyteddy

olyteddy Regular member

Do you really expect a home made CD to be in the online database? If it was an exact copy of the CD it would probably show up but what you have is a re-constructed version of the album and definately not the same.

8. puppetj

puppetj Member

yes, but this doesnt have to do with the cd , it has to do with the app i want to rip the cd then since the info dont come up, ill do half of the would can fill in the artist name & album, then it will fill in the rest, ie all tracks name

9. nownthen

nownthen Regular member

As long as the cd you have has all the same songs in the same order from a cd in the online database it will put the song names in for you. (WMP does I assume others work in a similar way) You'll have to manually search, with original cd's usually it does it automatically. You can search by artist or album name.

10. puppetj

puppetj Member

ok where do you search? i do see any search, in nero, dmpoweramp, or cdgrabber, or mediamonkey...