1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Rom Drives Have Gone The Way Of The Samurai...

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by NewPatron, Oct 10, 2004.

1. NewPatron

NewPatron Member

I have 2 Cd rom drives: one burner(master), and one normal(slave). Recently I removed the slave drive and put in a DVD-R drive as a slave, which I removed later and then reinstalled my normal drive back to slave. The next time I turned on the computer, my drives were gone. They do not appear in My Computer or in the System Directory. They are connected properly and securely, I can eject both drives and I can still burn a cd....I just can't load a cd or get my computer to recognize that I actually do have drives there. I'm running Windows 98 SE. Sorry about this, but I just really need some help, please...I'm totally lost.

2. NewPatron

NewPatron Member

Nevermind. I fixed the problem by taking out all of my drives and turning on the computer, then shutting down and reinstalling the drives. Thanks for any consideration.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You might take out all your drives, turn on the PC, then shut it down then reinstall the drives ;P