1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd rom unreadable

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by surfman, Sep 29, 2006.

1. surfman

surfman Guest

I have burned several data discs, but my computer is not able to read them after burning. I can read them on another computer, but not on mine. It will read manufactured discs (movie or music). If anyone has any advice or tips on how toi fix this problem, I would really appreciate the assistance.
    Thanks,
    Rich

2. PAN5Y

PAN5Y Active member

upgrade ur HD..or buy a new one for i should say??...$30.00 brand new top of the line

3. surfman

surfman Guest

Hey PAN5Y,
    Do you mean my cd drive or my hard drive memory? Either is more than 30.00 but I just replaced my HDD.
    Thanks for the input.

4. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You didn't use Nero's proprietary InCD or Roxio's DirectCD, did you? If you use it, the CDs will only work on PCs which have the software installed. Also, did you burn as ISO or UDF? ISO is the most compatible format whereas UDF sometimes give non Win XP PCs trouble. What's the message you get when reading them?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  5. surfman

surfman Guest

The message says to put a disc in the drive. It isn't recognizing the disc I just burned. But it will read a manufactured disc. I do have inCD, with Nero, and they were burned as ISO. I don't have another computer to verify that they are okay, but in the past I have always been able to access them from other computers. I recently har my hard drive replaced, maybe that had swomething to do with it. Or do I need another reader/writer software?
    Thanks.