1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-RW how to use them!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by AnnFT, Dec 20, 2002.

1. AnnFT

AnnFT Member

Hi I have just joined and would like to ask a question. It may seem really stupid, but here goes. I have burned 3 music tracks to a cd-rw. When I tried to add some more it said disk full. I tried again and it said this disk is not a RW. What have I done wrong? I thought RW were like floppy drives - you could just keep writing to them? Am I totally stupid?
    hope someone can help
    thanks
    Ann

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

If you used nero burning rom, you probably are finalizing the cd. Erase the cd (Recorder - Erase ReWritable) and start the cd again except this time when you are supposed to drag the files you wish from the file browser click file and click "compilation info". Click the burn tab and uncheck "Finalize CD". Click ok and now you should be able to add tracks to that cd in future.

3. AnnFT

AnnFT Member

Hi Dela thanks for your help. I did everything you said - and it worked!! The only thing now is the CD will not play in the car. (before I deleted the tracks it played in the car) I just used window media last time - this time I used Nero, is this the cause?
    Many thnks for your help

AnnFT

4. slicer

slicer Member

Heh, are you sure you are burning it as an AUDIO CD? Also, you must finalize it to play it in the car.

5. Dela

In nero, erase the entire cd re-writable which will take much longer but should work!

6. cwlocke00

cwlocke00 Member

i use nero to burn cds for any cd player as long as i am burning. cd rw is a different function isn't it? i mean to use a cdrw disk as a floppy i use the InCD applet, format the disk, and write to it, erase, right again, add, delet. this along the line of what you are looking for?

7. Dela

A RW disk is handy if you have a rw compatible cd player cause when the songs just arent good anymore, you can erase em and work away again, tis great lol. However, the quick erase function isnt anygood at all for anyone using them for this purpose because some cd players can still pick up the old audio and get confused. So if you erase the entire cd-rw then there is nothing to worry about. Another problem you could have AnnFT is that your cd player might not play if the cd's arent finalyzed. Ah, tis strange, I'll give it that much!

8. AnnFT

AnnFT Member

Thanks to everyone who has replied to my query. It has certainly left me with a lot to think about! So... because the last CDRW was finalized it worked in the car - now it doesn't work I have to finalize it again! Doesn't this mean that each time I want to add more tracks to the CDRW I have to erase everything and start again! I thought I could just add tracks to it as and when I wanted to - told you I wasn't very good at this sort of thing... Well thanks again for all your help.

Ann