1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD RW problem

Discussion in 'CD-R(W) Media' started by gsridhar, Apr 9, 2004.

1. gsridhar

gsridhar Member

I had a few CDRW's written with Windows explorer using Pioneer DVD writer. Now I am using a CD writer and Nero 6, but I am not able to write anything more on to those CD's even though it shows that they are empty. I was able to erase them, but the Nero writes everything, but when i verify the date, it says "Data verification failed" and it shows nothing in the explorer. Please tell me what could be the problem.
    Thank u.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Two points be relevant:

WindowsXP is a quirky OS when it comes to built-in burning capability. Many people claim to be able to burn fine. Many others have problems. Microsoft released an update to the IMAPI (which, FYI stands for Image Mastering Applications Programming Interface); that update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320174 Furthermore, Microsoft has adressed other burning issues with WindowsXP, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324129

ASPI, Advanced SCSI Programming Interface, is the source of enough problems with anything even remotely related to an optical drive. Note that Windows2000 and WindowsXP do NOT come with ASPI installed and many users, just starting to do more than basic activities with their drives are encountering problems left and right. ASPI is one of the simplest things to check for -- it just takes one reboot. For more information regarding ASPI see http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm CAUTION NOTE THAT JUST BECAUSE NERO INFOTOOLS OR EVEN ASPICHECK ITSELF SAYS THAT ASPI IS INSTALLED CORRECTLY IT IS NOT INSTALLED CORRECTLY IF THE VERSION NUMBERS DO NOT MATCH UP. ALL FOUR SETS OF NUMBERS HAVE TO BE IDENTICAL. If you are having issues with ASPI and updating to the latest version doesnt help, consider ASPI 4.60 (1021) -- it's the most stable and reliable build of them all.

3. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

May I suggest...
    That you check with your ASPI drivers...Make sure the numbers are all the same...(Just as Praetor said..)
    I think this could solve your prob.

Hoped this helped...

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

gsridhar !!

I suppose you did reformat those CD/RW .. did you !

You mentioned you ERASED and now you cant write to them -- when you do a full erase -- you must reformat the CD/RW so you can put data on it.

Next.. Nero has a counterpart called InCd -- it's available at their download site -- it has the formatting tool you need to format those CD/RW.

InCd is totally separate from Nero -- it makes it easy to copy/paste anything you wish from your PC to that CD/RW . Great for saving ""touchy -- dont look "" data from prying eyes !! Eeeeeeeeps..

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper !

Take Care.[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004