1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD-RW

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by SuBeee, May 8, 2002.

1. SuBeee

SuBeee Member

Please help, I am able to write word docs to cd and then edit but excel docs are read only.. how do I save them so that I can edit them.

Thanks

2. SuBeee

SuBeee Member

When in explorer, I send the file to the G drive ( my CD drive) I then get a message to say that i have files waiting to be writen to disc, i select the g drive and then select write files to CD. once on the cd i can read files but they come as read only so have to save as different name each time I edit..

3. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

If you're using CD-RWs, right click or a file and try to uncheck the "read only" property, if possible.

4. SuBeee

SuBeee Member

When I unselect "read only" an error message comes up advising "An error occured applying attributes to the file: (file name) Access is denied"

5. burnproof

burnproof Guest

SuBeee,

Usually, changing file attributes can be done only when the file resides on the hard disk. You might consider copying the files from the CD-RW to the hard disk, changing the attributes then editing the files.

Subsequently, you can burn the file back onto the CD-RW (overwrite the previous version on the CD-RW)

Hope I have understood your problem correctly.

6. SuBeee

SuBeee Member

Thanks for this info, this is how I have been doing it but thought that there should be an easier way.