1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Speed Transfer Rate Results - Is this good?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cathro, Feb 17, 2004.

1. cathro

cathro Guest

Apologies if this question is obvious

I have spend considerable time recently attempting to find good media that is compatible with my burner. After reading a number of posts recently I have started using the 'CD Speed' Transfer Rate test to see if the burn was successful. The main problem I have is that my results seem upside down compared to most of the results I have seen.

When using my Optorite DDR201 burner drive I have a perfectly steady green line at 4x for the whole of the test and a gradual yellow line which arcs below the green starting at 4x and finishing at 2x. Both lines are free from any fluctuations.

If I use my Samsung SD 616T DVD-ROM drive the graph completes the other way round (steady yellow line and a green arc line above) and I tend to get read errors.

Optorite DDR201 2.3 Firmware
    DVD Shrink
    Nero 5.5
    Clonedisc 'A' Grade Ritek G04's

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

cathro,

It seems you found the right media, it’s an excellent choice - don't change -

All the rest is not going to effect the space/time continuum nor will the stabilization of the Euro be affected in anyway, shape or form for the foreseeable future - and to tell the truth, it is a great load off my mind, I had worried about it for ever so long - Wheeeew !

Again, thanks ever so :D

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1GB RAM.
    340GB HD, 7200 (Maxtor 120, Western 200 & 20.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, HP DVD Writer 200j,
    Nec 4X DVD RW ND-1300A & AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– XP sp1.[/small]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2004