1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Writer Drives!!!

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Tony216, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

I was wondering if it is possible to hook up 2 cd writer drives to one computer, because, my cousin wants to trade me his scanner for my cd writer which is just lying around the house because i took it off once i had installed my DVD burner, and i would agree but i dont know if it is possible.
    can anybody please answer my question.
    I will xtremely appriciate it
    thanx
    -tony-

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

Two burners will be fine but ideally should be placed on seperate IDE cables. If they're on the same cable tasks such as on the fly burning or writing to both drives simultaneously won't work too well :)

3. Tony216

Tony216 Guest

So you mean i should hook it up to the cable thats connected to the hard drive or is there an xtra one im forgetting about because all i remember is the hard drive which it has an extra one and the one on the cd-rom which goes to the cd-writer but maybe there was one more i totally forget.

Where should i connect it?

4. 2005

2005 Regular member

the flat long connecter that goes into the back of the cd burner.. its about 3 inches long and its flat and usually gray, he means not to put one burner on the same IDE cable as another burner, its not recomended as buffer under runs will occur.