1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cdcovers.cc site down (Please get on track. Please stay on topic. Thanks, birdaug)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by birdaug, Nov 10, 2008.

1. varnull

varnull Guest

So who is using their isp's dns servers then?

server and site are both up.. 89.149.209.152

2. birdaug

birdaug Member

Please stay on topic.
    Thanks,
    birdaug

3. birdaug

birdaug Member

core2kid,
    By the way if you are using Explorer 7 can you load www.cdcovers.cc ? Just curious. It would be nice if all I had to do is update 6 to 7.
    Thanks,
    birdaug

4. varnull

varnull Guest

Who is off topic??.. the site is up.. it's you who is down ;)

http:// and that frikkin IP I posted... then change your dns server from your isp's provided (and probably filtered) one. (or has father put parental controls on his PC)

I'm a member of the site you insist is down.. guess what.. [​IMG]

Are you incapable of listening to sensible advice? I can't wait for you joining the forums there and asking stupid n00b questions so I can take the piss out of you big time..

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2008
  5. birdaug

birdaug Member

vernull,
    Funny that I know I'm down. If you take the time to read through all of my posts you will see that I'm trying to get internet Explorer 6 to load the site. I know the site is ok. A few days ago I could get it to load but now it won't. How ever I can install firefox and load the site just fine But I don't like firefox for whatever reasons.
    And by the way quit piss fighting as I'm 65 years old and my parents are gone. And also I havn't insisted that the site is down I only asked if it was down. Please I don't need your crap.
    Again please read all posts.
    Thanks,
    birdaug

6. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

Yea, it works on Internet Explorer 7 fine for me. I personally like firefox better than IE7, I loved IE6 though. IE6 is full of security holes, I've heard.

Other browsers you may want to try:
    Opera
    Safari
    Google Chrome

7. birdaug

birdaug Member

core2kid,
    I'll give it a try and see what happens.
    Thanks,
    birdaug

8. birdaug

birdaug Member

core2kid,
    Man I download and installed Explorer 7 and it worked like a champ.
    I would like to thank you for all your help as it is really appriciated. Thanks for working with me.
    Thanks Again,
    birdaug

9. core2kid

core2kid Regular member

No problem. Good to hear that the issue is solved. I am a little curious as to why it didn't work on IE6 though. I guess it's time for me to pull out one of my old computers.

10. birdaug

birdaug Member

core2kid,
    Yes really curious also, but I can live with IE 7. If you should find something out please let me know.
    Thanks,
    birdaug

11. kcorrigan

kcorrigan Member

From Canada: I've observed the same problem here. IE6 will not allow me to open the site. With FireFox it works fine. I've checked IE security settings and they are set at "anything goes". I've even added the site as specifically allowed. Cold-booted - same thing. CDCovers.cc is not allowed in IE6.

I tried shutting down my Firewall and then my Antivirus and there's no effect.

I'm relieved that I can still get there using FireFox but WTF?? Is this a Micro$oft thought police issue?

12. birdaug

birdaug Member

kcorrigan,
    You can also update IE 6 to IE 7 and get the same results as Firefox. I like this because I really don't care for Firefox.
    birdaug

13. Disked

Disked Member

Opens fine here in Australia on any browser.
    Just wish they'd stop their annoying advertising methods!

14. birdaug

birdaug Member

Wish I were there.
    birdaug

15. derff

derff Member

Hi Birduag,
    Go to windows and download windows explorer 7. Your problem will be solved!!! I had the same problem as you and went nuts trying to figure it out. I took a shot at downloading IE7 and I now am back on cdcovers.cc

16. MR_FUNKT

MR_FUNKT Member

From toronto, Canada:

I was having the same problem as mentioned above for the past week. Googling the problem brought me here. I was unable to open the site from my desktop at home and also from my laptop from wifi locations. I took the advice mentioned previously and installed Firefox. I am now able to open the site.

I'm really glad they're not down !

17. birdaug

birdaug Member

derff,
    If you would have read the posts above you would have read these steps have already been taken, but thanks for your imput.
    birdaug

18. birdaug

birdaug Member

MR_FUNKT,
    Yes I'm also glad to have gotten cdcovers.cc back.
    birdaug

19. booshang

booshang Member

I am in Australia and I cannot get into cdcovers.cc either , a queer thing my wife's pc is connected to the same modem as my pc and she can open the site . Howzat for a problem

20. varnull

varnull Guest

why the f*** would anybody want to use internet explorer 6 to go to a site to download copyrighted content? In fact why would anybody want to use that non-compliant obsolete bag of s**t to do anything on the internet.. Website builders don't even bother to make sites that work with it any more. If they load and display that's fine.. if not who cares.. no website builder is going to give a flying f*** if it doesn't work with IE6.. it's a broken by design browser, and the reason we have wonderful standards compliant (something M$ are still unable to write.. because their coders are pathetic.. or paid to try to break the internet) browsers like firefox and opera... People really really need to get their heads tested before they start getting cocky with professionals.. it's just too easy to take idiots apart..

Last poster.. you have different settings I assume? Clear your temp internet files and your cookies.. Particularly check things like dns settings and look if your wife hasn't put any crafty ip blocks on you for a windup.. can you still access all your pr0n?? XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008