1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDEX and EAC

Discussion in 'Audio' started by nickcunit, May 24, 2002.

1. nickcunit

nickcunit Member

I have both these programs installed on my PC however CDEX works with both the drives , the internal cdrom and the external cdrw drive and can extract no problem,however EAC for some reason wont extract from my internal drive and creates a complete hang up,although it works with the external rw drive no problem, as I dont want to use my rw drive to extract all the time as this will create more wear on the rw drive than is necerssary i would like to know which setting in CDEX is the nearest to the quality of EAC ie Standard, or the various settings of Paranoia etc.What do you recommend.?

Many Thanks.
    Nick.

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

The paranoia modes of CDEx have not been fully documented and they are not very informative either. EAC always shows you whats going on and gives you detailed report after the rip (including suspicious positions on the rip)

The few times I have tried CDEx, I have used paranoia FULL. It was magical on a damaged disc I ripped and gave me perfect results, while EAC was unable to rip the disc.

EAC was updated about 1 day ago, so might be worth testing the new version. Also, do report your problems to the EAC author - he usually responds.

http://www.cd-rw.org/software/audio_software/cd-da_extractors/exact_audio_copy.cfm

3. nickcunit

nickcunit Member

Thanks for the info i already tried the new version of Eac this morning and still no luck, also I have tried to sort out the problem on the eac forum (and this one under "system hang up") with advice from andre but it just wont work. So you think that on a normal audio cd I can expect as good results from cdex as eac if i use the full paranoia mode.
    Thanks Nick.

4. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

CDEx is very good used by many audiophiles around the internet. You should get very good results.