1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDex doesn't see

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Qanlaan, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Qanlaan

Qanlaan Guest

Very n00b to dvd ripping here, just started this weekend. The walk thru is very helpful, only cdex doesn't see any files when i point to the dir where i have the data from dvd2avi saved. I'm running winxp pro and tried both the latest 1.5 beta and the release 1.4 versions. Any ideas what I can do? I don't even see any files at all to select for conversion. Any help is mucho appreciated...

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

You've messed something up in DVD2AVI phase -- it should write you one BIG .wav file into dir where it stores .d2v file.

3. Qanlaan

Qanlaan Guest

Thank you, i tried the older version of dvd2avi and it worked perfectly. Now, i'm stuck on the virtua dub phase-- I can't load the vid file b/c i don't have the aspi codec loaded properly...any suggestions?

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ehh... ASPI shouldn't have anything to do with Dub.. Remember that you can't delete any of the files what you generate, before your whole process has completed.

5. Qanlaan

Qanlaan Guest

Sorry, it's the vfapi codec reader that i was talking about...posting from work so I hadn't checked. Is the dll file the actual codec, and if so, where should i put it? It doesn't load automatically when I unzip the file.