1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cdr vcd

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Stringz, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Stringz

Stringz Member

HI, i recently made a vcd and put it in my dvd player and it did not work; said there was some error or somethin. In the computer i can go to my dvd player and pick out the dat file and it will play on there, so did i do something wrong or does my dvd player just not play em? its a mitsubishi 4000 or somewhere around there.

2. macdaddy

macdaddy Member

check for your drive on vcdhelp.com-they have a database-you might need to use specific media, or a specific format (or both); you might be SOL. Hopefully it is not the latter...

3. Sawg

Sawg Guest

Also, check your DVD player's manual. A lot of them (especially older ones) won't play CD-R or CD-RW discs at all.

4. Stringz

Stringz Member

hi again, i checked the manual and it says it can play video cds but not cdrs, so does that mean it wont play a videocd on a cdr?

5. Pio2001

Pio2001 Moderator Staff Member

If it doesn't say anything about CDR, it doesn't mean anything, and you must search the web for user reports about CDR compatibility of DVD drives.
    If it says it can't read CDRs, then it won't read CDR VCDs.

6. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

But then again, it might :) Some CDRs, some specific brands, are known to play even in players that only accept CDRWs or pressed CDs -- but I can't name any, because you just need to try them all out and see which one works.

7. Stringz

Stringz Member

hi, got another ques, if i buy a new dvd player and im sure it plays cdrs and vcds, will it play the cdr vcd lik automatically or will i have to locate the dat file, and if on the computer if you have to locate the dat file and it says its a vcd did i do it correctly?

8. abhik

abhik Guest

Hi,
    I've recently attempted to copy an .avi file onto a cd and found that it didn't play on my vcd player (surprise! surprise!). Can anyone point me in the right direction? What software do i need in order to to be able to convert .avi files into vcd format?

Thanks

9. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

abhik: Look at out article section, there's a guide for conversion. Basically ou just need to have TMPGEnc and that's it.

10. chuckie

chuckie Guest

check out the VCD/SVCD section.
    very helpful!!