1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CDRwin Problems

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cyberv, Jun 4, 2003.

1. cyberv

cyberv Member

Need help on CDRwin
    Asus 52x24x52 ide/atapi not detected by CDRwin. ive'd downloaded the latest drivers from their website and still can't be detected, the list says that it is detected how come that still not
    [bold]Viper[/bold]

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest

CDRWin obviously doesn't support your great Asus 52x burner. I would use FireBurner or a freebie burning application called BurnAtOnce. Are you trying to backup a pc protected game?
    Be sure you're using the latest firmware update for your Asus m8.

FireBurner:http://www.fireburner.com/
    BurnAtOnce:http://www.burnatonce.com/index.html

Shoey :)

3. cyberv

cyberv Member

shoey
    thanks for the advice but i mean just using CDrwin cause its the only burning software used for backing up PS2 DVD games to CD-R. Do you have a software that can manipulate cd images that can be burn with an option of CD-XA,Mode 2, ive'd tested all of them and only CDRwin has that kind of option, ive'd tried nero,roxio,blindwrite,fireburner and Etc. I am an Expert when it comes to CD Burning but the Dumb when backing up PS2 Dvd games
    Viper

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

yes you are right CDRWin seems the best to make ps2 backup/rips - i myself had a dabble into ps2 i could never get the RIPS to work on my acekey as its the old version for 650meg discs and not 700 as the new ace key is! i have done cd based games but dvd based arent no good for me - need new model chip!

ok, your problem? yes seems wierd you say its seen in list? what list?

also nero does CD-XA MODE 2 !!!!!!!!

but woulndt you need bin & cue ??? type for these? have you tried burning anyway?

are you ripping or coping as IML2ISO converts to bin & cue i think? been awhile!

when i get little niggles like this what i do is go to device manager! and uninstall devive from there then either reboot or click tab find new hardware and let it install drivers again!

maybe try uninstalling proggy and put it in again!

[bold] Message edited [/bold]

thx

i will give this some thought!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2003
  5. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I'm using CDRWIN with an ASUS522452A burner firmware rev 1.1 (i.e. straight out of the box) and everything works fine. What OS and version of CDRWIN are using?

6. cyberv

cyberv Member

Rotary & Praetor

Thnx for the Time to answer my Questions to Rotary, I know you can burn CDrom XA- and mode 2
    to Nero But what Im saying is an image created by iml2iso meaning for example the game NBA.ISo in nero it will just burn it as an image nothing can be adjusted while in CDRwin you choose the option for what "Mode 1 or 2" Is it CD-rom, CDrom XA, Cdi or CDDA. Nero can do this to but only on Nero's Compilation Images.
    and yes ive'd red almost all of the threads on other forums. Yes ive'd unistalled the proggy rebooted and reinstalled the proggy and still can't make it to work, the real problem now is now my answer to Praetor , my CDrwin cannot detect my Burner, what i mean when i say list, its' the list of brands and models that CDRwin Supports, i think its my mainboard that has the problem, like i said ive'd downlaoded all of the drivers and still it cannot be detected by CDRwin. If you know any other software like CDRwin can do Pls. do tell me by the way my OS version is Win98SE

Thnx for the Time
    Viper

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok, to get you over the part to choose mode 2 cd-xa in nero! - use isobuster to extract all files to a folder from your iso via iml2iso!

then make the compilation like you say BUT!!! make sure you write in the VOLUME label NBA?

and burn!!!

Now on your cdrwin not seeing your burner! try the jumper setting on the drive!! or change assignment to master! if 2 drives on the same cable! or try jumper taken off completly (i've done that!) your problem seems small as you are on the list! but not seen? got to be configuration somewhere - i know burners are supposed to be master in 2 drive combo!

my drives are on eide 1(plextor- master) and samsung and liteon on eide 2 jiont master slave combo - as i run raid setup so the normal eide channels arnt used for HD's

but all that aside i'm just trying to say JUMPERS (back of drive) can make a difference!

but from what i say at the top you can burn a disc for now! on compilation with nero to get you going.....

also did you try uninstalling the actual drive from device manager? then useing add new hardware and let it find it again !!!!! it helps alot! been there!

EDIT:

if you have other drives just try disconnecting them for a second and try again see if you have a conflict - say 2 drives set to master maybe? things like that!_X_X_X_X_X_[small]XP 1700 TBred [Fan 28-Idle/32-Load/23M] [o/c 2004mhz = 12X167/33 = FSB-334mhz]
    A7V8X SATA150/RAID [Bios 1011]
    HERCULES 3D PROPHET [9700 Pro]
    DX9/CAT-3.1 VIA 4in1 Hyperion v445]
    XMS Corsair Platinum pc3500 512meg[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2003
  8. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I'm not sure if this helps but, I'm using CDRWIN 5.05.001 and when I select the option to burn a CD/DVD Image, under the Image Settings Tab, you can specify the mode and block size. I'm not sure what block size PS2 discs have but a free program called CDMage can tell you. If you are using the older versions of CDRWIN it wont detect (or properly detect) your drive(s).

But if you are looking for the functionality of CDRWIN, try Padus DiscJuggler out; if I'm not mistaken CDRWIN is very closely based off it._X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V333, AMD2100+
    Samsung 512MB, PC2700
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB[/small]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2003