1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cdrwin shuts down after i hit burn

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by ABMone, Apr 6, 2003.

1. ABMone

ABMone Guest

cdrwin used to work but lately when i try to burn anything or load a project i get the message windows has encountered a problem and needs to shut down.

Please help thanks.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I would check the CD-R media you use and/or your ASPI drivers (use aspichk.exe).

Is is a simple shutdown or an error message popups?

3. ABMone

ABMone Guest

the error message pops up then closes the whole thing I have the latest ASPI layer

this started happening soon after i downloaded the new clad dvd xpnet does that change anything

ps its not the media

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Uninstall CDRWin and install BurnAtOnce m8.

BurnAtOnce:http://www.burnatonce.com/index.html

Shoey :)

5. ABMone

ABMone Guest

i need cdrwin to burn vcd s BAO doesnt or does it?

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

The best software to burn VCDs (from MPEGs) is Nero.

If you want to burn BIN/CUE files there are lots of software more sophisticated and user friendly than CDRWin, BurnAtOnce, Alcohol 120%, Nero itself, and so on

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

ABMone,
    You can use BurnAtOnce for bin& cue formats as well as data& music (if you wan't to). The Afterdawn staff recommends EAC (Exact Audio Copy) for burnin music. I keep my burnin' software to a minimum by using BurnAtOnce to burn bin& cue, iso, data. Paddus DiscJuggler for Safedisck 2.8.x& BlindWrite Suite for SecuROM 4.8.x and obviously EAC for music.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2003
  8. ABMone

ABMone Guest

i use nero for my dvds but it wont recognize my cd burner it will only make image files

9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Then something is seriously wrong m8. Download the latest version of Nero and be sure you are using ASPI Layer 4.6. You can use DVD Decrypter for making images of dvd's to burn to dvd-r.