1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CECT P168 questions???

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by jwspcr, Aug 21, 2007.

1. CECTSupp

CECTSupp Guest

spam removed

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2008
  2. tontuse9

tontuse9 Guest

Dear friend,you may find answer here:

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2008
  3. glenhaych

glenhaych Guest

I had trouble playing mp4's on my P168+, movies played slow and the sound went faster than the pictures. I solved by converting the MP4 file to 3gp file using a free downloaded program called Free Studio Manager 3.1, the movies now play great even in landscape. Hope this helps. Cheers

4. CEB12

CEB12 Member

I just got my CECT P168 and I only wish I had problems with MP3s. I can't figure out how to get the battery cover off to insert my SIM and the battery. After that, the rest should be a walk in the park.

5. CEB12

CEB12 Member

The Motorola S9 looks good and is promoted for use with sports.

6. gianpino

gianpino Member

7. gianpino

gianpino Member

Did you find the solution yet? I have the same problem on my P168+ (Quadband). During a phone call I click the left sofyt key then "new call" but when I press one of the numbers it seams that the voice response system does not get the tone. Any idea?

8. CEB12

CEB12 Member

During a call, there is a green phone in the bottom middle of the screen. Tap it and the keypad comes up. Just tap the numbers you want, you can still hear and talk during the process.

9. erik47246

erik47246 Guest

I just purchased a CECT 168+. I'm attempting to set the home city in the time and date function. How do I set the home city to my actual home city---I live in Indiana, but the closest I've been able to get is New York....

10. Jules74

Jules74 Member

I recently got the cect p168; I have put in all of the configurations for MMS and Wap, and the internet browser is working, but the MMS is still not. When I try to send a message, it gets to 99% and then says Failure to Send. Before I entered the configurations, it wouldn't even get to 1% and would say GPRS not subscribed. Does anyone know why this is won't get past 99%??

11. gianpino

gianpino Member

I think you have to live with the NY setting. If you discover a different way, please let me know

12. dana1977

dana1977 Member

For entering where you are you just hit the map and put the stylus where you are. I got Chicago first click and that is where I am at! Good luck!

And, I have to ask.,..does anyone else hear a loud echoing of their voice on calls?? It is VERY annoying....I just got my phone today but need to know if I can do something or if I just got a lemon ;(. Thanks!!

13. cawlhoon

cawlhoon Member

does anyone know how to change the settings to where the data tranferred through the usb cable transfers to the mini sd card rather than the phone?

14. anomjames

anomjames Member

Hey-

I just got my p148 today and I had a few questions. First is how do you turn off the noise for when you slide the bar to unlock it, I can't seem to get it to stop. Also, I have changed my background but, for example, when I am typing a text message it is still the stock fish background. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks, James

15. jclooney

jclooney Member

the only way to do it is by going to profiles and picking meeting.

16. kilroy42

kilroy42 Member

After i wasted a week asking forum people (no offense to you folks, it was a different forum) I finally tracked down the mother company on this phone and asked them.

It's a "dumped" project, it was a sort of 'beta' phone and 5+ modified models have been made since using the same, basic shape and dimensions.

If you look on eBay, you can find the upgraded phones, start with a P168+ then work your way up with the other models.

This is the problem with buying phones directly from China/Korea/ect, almost ZERO technical support. The mother company doesn't even have the CECT P168 on their website, it's a ghost but they're still selling like hotcakes simply because they're advertised as iPhone clones.

This phone is a good "starter" phone but you can outgrow it FAST if you're looking to grow. It has NO modem driver (that the company will provide) no matter what anyone says. You can connect to the phone with Phone Suite 4 using straight bluetooth.

This phone will do everything it says it will do but it's not just a piece of cake, the movies have to be converted (the question is WHY would you go to the trouble for it just for one or two movies?). MP3s will play, there is no dispute there. The question is, without a REALLY BIG micro SD, again why bother?

Also, you can make the MP3s into ringtones and you can chop them with an MP3 splitter (because you don't want the phone ringing for 3-4 mins to finish the song).

The calendar feature is limited to the "events" you can add to the phone, i believe it's 10 and you can't add anymore.

You can put backgrounds on the phone all day long...only...the phone doesn't shuffle backgrounds so you have to manually swap them, the format is 240x320 resolution and it takes JPEGs easily.

There are a few sets of control codes that will let you into the "factory" and "engineering" mode so you can tool around BUT you can do some damage so be careful.

If there is a flash upgrade for this phone, i haven't found it and, believe me, i've dug into archives from China to Russia looking for them. There are some files out there "claiming" to be the flash but the process is so flaky that you won't even want to bother. Some guy did a YOUTUBE set and claims you have to use some modified cable that goes to serial (9 pin) and uses a power supply connection. This makes sense because no one in their right minds would flash anything without it being powered (power loss results in EEPROM damage sometimes).

This phone has DUN access (like using the cell phone as a mobile modem with a laptop) but the company isn't releasing the codes to make it work, plus it has to be in your plan, so it's somewhat useless.

This phone will cruise the net but you have to get on Google (or get the info from your provider) on how to set it up, plus your plan HAS to cover internet usage or you're wasting your time.

The phone book on this phone is also severely limited for people who have lots of friend contacts.

There's more info on this phone i can give but it's a long and drawn out process of info that won't fit on one post. The local T-mobile store actually asked me to research this phone for them.

The end message I'm giving you here is, this phone is cool but you will get tired of it (very fast) if you're looking for more flexibility.

I hope this helps the multitude of questions that have been asked about this phone. I've done my homework on this phone and my information is %100 correct. Going to other forums and asking gets a lot of "i've heard" and "my phone will" (which, people have a habit of giving you advice about other models to try and help you with your model...ie, useless info).

17. neumanndk

neumanndk Member

is anyone able to help me set the cect p168 for just phone calls? ive put in a cellular one sim, acingular sim, and a trac phone sim. it recognizes them, but wont connect to the phone network. ive even tried manually putting in the mnc's.

im not trying to connect to the internet, just to make phone calls. im wanting to use it for the cellular one network.

please help!!!

18. CEB12

CEB12 Member

It sounds like you haven't activated the SIM with the carrier yet. If not, do so and you should have no problem as long as they are GSM sim cards.

19. neumanndk

neumanndk Member

the sim is activated already, it is taken from another phone that already has service.

20. dana1977

dana1977 Member

Try putting it into the 2nd sim slot...or the "b" slot. Your phone might be set up with a default of the second slot instead of the first one. LMK.