1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CECT P168 questions???

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by jwspcr, Aug 21, 2007.

1. neumanndk

neumanndk Member

ok. trying now
    thnx for all yas help, btw

2. neumanndk

neumanndk Member

still says unable to connect when calling.

with network setup it has cellular one's mnc as priority 1 and has cellular ones 2nd mnc as priority 2. but still wont let me connect to network

3. dana1977

dana1977 Member

Hummm....that is strange. You might want to contact the person you got it from. I bought one and had to return it via paypal. It was JUNK! Although mine was able to make calls...it just dropped them constantly, had a bad echo and lots of static. Then you have to enter in a ton of codes for the mms and sms.
    I got a i9 a few days ago and everything is soo easy. Great manual and all set up for you. Alot thinner, has java and the tilt and shake. I met with the guy I bought mine from (from ebay...lived close) he told me his last shipment of 100 p168's he had 12 returns. 12 out of 100 were lemons! Wow!

4. neumanndk

neumanndk Member

ok. thnx for ya help. ill check into seeing if i get get my money back for this one. i had a feeling that it isnt working properly. i bought it off ebay, how do i go about getting a refund thru paypal?

5. neumanndk

neumanndk Member

do you have his seller link, i think ill try out the i9.

6. dana1977

dana1977 Member

First you must contact the seller and let them know the problems you are having. It is easiest if they have misrepresented the phone though. The seller I got mine from said no way to my money back...said ti was as described and to get bent. Ha. I contacted paypal..opened a dispute and as soon as it was in the ups system that the phone was back at their location I got my fund back (ALL of it). If you email me I can walk you through it and help you with what to say (the auction may have stipulations or something). And I can also give you the guy from ebay i got my i9 from...I HIGHLY recommend him. He has good prices and lets you return if it is a lemon. And let me tell you....the 168 does not even COMPARE to the i9. ($190.00 with ship)

My email....moretoys4you AT yahoo.com

7. dana1977

dana1977 Member

8. kilroy42

kilroy42 Member

I've seen more and more posts about "bad" P168s and, as i discovered on mine, the person who sold mine to me had lied about it to an extreme.

But not about it's abilities.

Some of you might want to check the back, where the screws are, to see if the rubber stubs are still covering the screw holes. Mine were gone and i discovered that this idiot had opened mine then closed it over the red microphone wire and split it.

Hence i could not talk.

So, in a last-ditch "i got screwed" effort, i opened it and split the wire then wound it back and (luckily) it worked.

There are a lot of people who get these phone and mess around with them then sell them off to unsuspecting buyers.

I hate it but eBay is a breeding ground for bad deals and will do nothing if you get screwed. The best hope, when you buy from ebay (and get screwed) is to file with Paypal. They will actually attempt to reimburse you.

9. neumanndk

neumanndk Member

thanx everyone for all your help!

10. tonydai

tonydai Guest

please visit www.sandshine.cn to know more

11. thaicon

thaicon Member

how you all doin, i got the cect p168. my ? is, is there a 2 versions of the same phone. i got my internet, and can recieve mms pics, but cant send them. t-mobile said i needed the 19.99 internet pacakage, i think thats a load of bull. but i was told this should have handwriting recognition, nor does my menu look the same. do i have an earlier version, how do i update this darn thing.

12. luvchild

luvchild Member

When you're on a call, there is a liitle green phone at the bottom of the screen...in the middle. Hit that phone and you will see the phone screen, where you can press a number...0-9,#and * Hope that helps.

13. Foxxy25

Foxxy25 Member

Ok, I just opened my package and I don't know how to take the back off the ohone to put in my new sim and battery. Please help.

14. pudge43

pudge43 Member

hey does any one kno where to go for help for the cect p168 dual because it wont cut on for me it just shut off on me one day and now it wont come back on if anyon knows what happened please contact me i need help

15. Live2Cook

Live2Cook Member

Hey Everybody. I got a p168 about 2 weeks ago and I love it. THe only thing I had trouble with was the internet. Thanks to this forum I got it working. But Ive encountered another problem. The other day I went to work and the phone was fine and then when I got off I went to check my phone and the buttons stopped working. So I cant get the screen to light up unless I get a call or I plug it into the charger. Ive tried everything, does anybody have any info that will help me out?

16. thaicon

thaicon Member

I actually got the i68. I really like it except for text, so with this in mind I am going to sell it. I paid 200.00. For it. I'm trying to let it go, its the newest version. All the goodies but the 2gb card for 140.00.the sciphone i68. Itskc @ ymail . Com

17. azaxeman

azaxeman Member

Just got my 168P+ today. Some simple questions:

1 - Is there a way to shut the display off during a call. I'm tired of this thing vibrating every time my ear touches the screen.

2 - I put in a 2 Gig micro sd card and it doesn't seem to see it. I go to file manager and it tells me I have a total of 0 with 0 free. There are files on the card; it can't even see the card. Is there something I need to do to get it to see the card?

3 - Slide to Unlock doesn't seem to be working the way I'd have hoped. It's already unlocked itself a couple of times in my pocket. It seems if I slide my finger left to right anywhere on the screen, that is enough to unlock it. The slide to unlock slider doesn't move (unless I'm sliding it), but it unlocks none the less. Is that normal?

18. azaxeman

azaxeman Member

Forget about number 2, I got it to see the card.

Thanks in advace for answers to other questions.

19. impulseis

impulseis Member

20. impulseis

impulseis Member

hey I designed an adapter for the same phone. Its about the size of the original plug and it works great. but I did take my phone apart and designed a direct 1/8 inch port so I dont use my adapter any more.