1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CECT P168 questions???

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by jwspcr, Aug 21, 2007.

1. straycat1

straycat1 Member

When I try and put different wallpapers on my phone I started getting error code 63. This didn't happen at first. Also I do have a MAC and not windows, but not sure if that is a problem.

2. straycat1

straycat1 Member

I am using a mac as well. I was able to drag and drop images at first, but then I started to get this message.

The finder cannot complete the operation because some data in "file name" could not be read or written.
    (Error code-36)

I did not get this code initially. It will not even let me load anything from the p168 sites. If I drag and drop in the open images folder the image just disappears.

3. straycat1

straycat1 Member

So i went to another computer, a windows based one and had no problems putting anything on my phone. I do not believe that this phone is compatible with mac.

4. crick316

crick316 Member

can you email me the manual for the p168 my camera and video are acting up...thanx my email is stonecoldcrick@aol.com

5. markdunne

markdunne Member

6. beuti4u

beuti4u Member

While you are talking on the phone I believe that you can press the green phone icon at the bottom of the screen it will alllow you to respond.

7. Hollie101

Hollie101 Member

The only way to get your Music from your Cect P168 Mp3 is to first convert your music on your computer, Example:

Limewire to Itunes:

Open Documents>LimeWire>Saved

Click the first song,shift, then click the last song. Then right click and copy. then open Itunes Select File>New Playlist>Edit>Paste
    And then when you use your USB cable to hook your phone up to your computer you can open your Mass Storage then Open Itunes, then click the first itunes song then shift then click the last song, and then click the last song again DRAG the list over to your phone Audio OR Music File, whatever you decided to call it. After that give it a min or two and then unplug your phone>Menu>Mp3>List>Options>Add>Music>Then you'll have to individualy go through and click each song to add them to your Mp3 player on your phone. After that You go back to your Mp3 and you click list then find the song that you want to be a Ringtone and then click options then click Add to rings! Then your done.

:) I really hope I helped! Btw, From what I've read and heard from my friends who have the same Cect P168 phone as me, You have to convert the songs to itunes before putting them on your phone or they will NOT work!

Hope I helped<3 -Hollie

8. Tygrz

Tygrz Member

They can be found on Ebay!!

9. Tygrz

Tygrz Member

Also available at Ebay

10. viviang73

viviang73 Member

11. danpal

danpal Member

hey there you wanting to get an adapter for the p168. zydaglo.com is the place where i got mine.

12. danpal

danpal Member

hey dana1977. i would like your help too. i got an p168 through ebay but after checking out the specs it doesnt do what was advertised. i need a pda phone that can be used. apparantely now they tell me that i need some kind of java to be able to read pdf files that are on my sd card once i install my isilo program. unacceptable! I really need this to work. also, they told me i would be able to text with fingers now i see that i got the oldest model once again not doing what they advertised. can you help me? danpal

13. danpal

danpal Member

14. ed247

ed247 Guest

15. ed247

ed247 Guest

16. iyaoyas

iyaoyas Member

i have the p168c (says so on the inside of the phone) and i have tried to set it up as many have said for the internet and it always says "connect failed" with purple "G" in the globe instead of a black "G". after reading many success on the threads, i know i have to be doing it wrong.

yes i am folling the instructions that everyone is saying but i might be slower that frozen water and need a bit of coaching to have my inter work on the cect p168 phone.

17. yanzy

yanzy Member

Hi i got my sciphone i9+++ the other day, but for the love of god i cant get the sliding noise to stop wenever i slide to open it. no matter what i do it continues to make this loud annoying noise everytime i unlock it by sliding it open. PLZ HELP!!

18. PBropaptt

PBropaptt Member

Hi, yanzy, please follow these steps:
    (1) After you slide to unlock click on the User Profiles icon
    (2) Click on your present user profile, for example ,General.
    (3) Now click on customze.
    (4) Click on Tone setup
    (4) take your stylus or finger if you wish and touch a point close to the bottom of the screen and drag upward to see the other options, then release your finger or stylus.
    (5) you should now see the slide to unlock tone. click on it to toggle it off. then click on "Back" at the bottom right of your screen then exit with the escape/on/off button.
    Mine also has ripple tone which I also switched off.
    Hope this helps you.

19. yanzy

yanzy Member

Hi i did everything up to number 4, but i scroll down and there are no more options :| theres no option for slide to unlock... what am i doing wrong? how can i fix it?

20. PBropaptt

PBropaptt Member

I see what you mean. Sorry. Let's try something else as you might seem to have different software to mine. Go to user profiles and click on "Extra tone". You should see 4 boxes. One of them is "Camp on". If it is ticked, then click on it to turn it off. Now click on "Done", then Yes to save. Now exit and try out the slide to unlock again. BTW my Version info is:
    [VERSION}
    PX-XS2501-DT-20090112-00
    [BRANCH]:GEMINI
    BUILD:BUILD_NO
    SERIAL#:
    MT012345678901234567
    [BUILD TIME]
    2009/01/12 19:34
    I got it by dialling *#8375#
    It goes to the version info page without touching anything else.