1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CECT P168+ Repair?

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by knights89, Sep 5, 2008.

1. knights89

knights89 Member

Hi All,
    My P168+ has had an intermittent problem since I received it 3 months ago. If I go to use the camera, sometimes it works fine, other times the phone freezes, and I need to remove the battery. I bought it on E-bay. I tried contacting the seller (in Hong-Kong), but I have received no response, and the seller is no longer active in E-bay. I have looked around the internet, with no luck. Does anybody have any idea where I can get the phone repaired? Thanks.

2. Tombear54

Tombear54 Member

Firmware needs to be re-loaded

3. knights89

knights89 Member

Hi Tombear54, thanks for the info. Do you know where to get the firmware? And how to load it?

4. Tombear54

Tombear54 Member

I sent mine back to the dealer. Since it was like that from day one. He said it was a common problem with the 168+. I did not get it back yet.There is another web site that tells you how to do it, you need a special cable, and a computer with a serial port, the loading software, and the original firmware. I have not done anything with that phone yet as far as that is concerned.Do a google search for P168 forumotion.com