1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CECT P168

Discussion in 'General mobile discussion' started by Ifound, Dec 26, 2008.

1. Ifound

Ifound Member

Well.... I found one. I managed to get to the phone part - enough to call my cell to capture the phone number. I called it and left a message, saying that I found the phone - come and get it. Days went by, and I did it again. Still no answer. I popped open the back to find the ESN and carrier and called them. they disconnected it and left a note on their file so that when the owner called in, they'd be able to tell them who had their phone. No answer as of yet, and that was over a month ago. I posted ads on Craig's List and still no answer. The carrier says to drop it off at their store and I thought to not do that (just yet) because they may charge the owner a "finder's fee" to give it back. I then thought that the owner may not use it as a phone and just as a PDA, but I can't get the email address out of it because when I popped the back off, the power went off and now I can't get it back on because the battery must be dead.

SO....... now I'm at the crossroad of either dropping it off at the provider's office, or selling the damn thing. Problem is that there is no charger. Morality bite and so will Karma, so I'm torn.

I'd be willing to buy a charger for it so that I can charge it and find out the email address so try to contact the owner again, but if the provider "locked it", would that prohibit that?

I'd appreciate any insight that anyone would have.

Thanks.

2. spennin

spennin Member

i say keep it.not to be a a$$ but you tried your best and no one replied and legally after so much time goes by its considered yours.

3. Ifound

Ifound Member

Yeah, I know, but...... Then what do I do with it?? It's dead, I don't have a charger that'd charge it. I don't have the means to crack it.... BIB paper weight at this point.

4. spennin

spennin Member

sell it for like $40 bucks free shipping.you seen that it works so they just need a charger and so on.pm me if interested in selling it

5. Ifound

Ifound Member

Spen.... Where's the link to the PM?

6. spennin

spennin Member

email me direct at infamous_1 at gmx.com