1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CenDyne--Nec1300a +/- wont burn or recognize on desktop

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Fordlife, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Fordlife

Fordlife Member

Just got my Cendyne dule format external the other day. I have windows me therefore do not need a driver. However, I do not htink the drive is communicating right. I hooked it up and wiindows sees it but if I put a disk in it and go to take it out, the drwayer pop out 1/4 of the way and closes. My screen then freezes for a bit. The only way around is to shut off the burner and wait to be able to open the drawer.

I burned a data CD-r. Thought evereything worked until it hit 100% when it said "Fixation" problem. what the hell is that?

Any Ideas? I ahvent any blank DVD discs so I do not know how that works. But I assume if it doesnt burn a CD-r then something has to be wrong.

Thanks
    RC

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Depending on the software you are using, fixation problems could be problems with the lead-out using Disc-at-once. For some reason i get finalization problems with Nero everytime i burn but yet i get a succesful back-up each time.

It sounds like you have a hardware related problem, in the sense that the DVD drawer gets stuck. I recommend you take it back to your supplier and ask for a new one/money back.