1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

certification failure

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by wiggles, Mar 25, 2003.

1. wiggles

wiggles Member

I just reinstalled windows to fix some driver problems and now I have some avi and mpeg files that I can't watch with realone or windows media. They've worked before but now they say "An operation failed due to a certification failure" or "MPEG by Bitcasting: File Format cannot find MPEG file header. This may not be an MPEG file" I uninstalled realone then reinstalled, and did the same with all of my codecs and they still won't work. I can't seem to find any info on this problem.I Also tried g-spot but it says that there asf files and that the codecs aren't available. any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2003
  2. Twilite

Twilite Regular member

If Gspot says the files are asf and the codec is not available then I'd say that is the problem. If I remember right asf is microsoft so I'd try reinstalling WMP or open your current version of WMP and click on TOOLS, OPTIONS. Select FILE TYPES. Make sure all the Windows Media (file, audio file, audio/video file)are checked, not grey. If you have to, uncheck them and recheck them.

3. wiggles

wiggles Member

thanks

4. wiggles

wiggles Member

that didn't seem to help. the strange thing about this is that all these files used to play, and when i click on the properties it says that some are avi and some are mpeg, even though gspot says they're asf. are there any other programs beside gspot that can analyze what codecs might be needed?