1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ch**** dish

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by rickrust, Feb 7, 2010.

1. rickrust

rickrust Member

Hi can any body help just got basic Ch**** with dish connected the dreambox with image finding the channels but no picture or sound do i need to connect something more ???

2. cactikid

cactikid Active member

does not work with a satdish,as it is a cable or mmds aerial .

3. rickrust

rickrust Member

Hi and thanks sorry its mmds it's one of the mess one's ???

4. cactikid

cactikid Active member

is it a t model for use with mmds.

5. rickrust

rickrust Member

yes 500t I have it up and running, i have cable into my house my friend got one ont the mess dish it has a little black box in the house with one lead in and one lead out into ch**** box the image i have one my d box should work !! but tells this service could not be found

6. tomhick02

tomhick02 Regular member

Little black box is the power supply for the downconverter on your ariel, cable from ariel goes to 'ANT' side and other to dreambox, DO NOT MIX THESE Up or it will blow the tuner in yor 500t!
    when connected scan for chanels on chxxus mmds and see does it lock on to a transponder, if it dont, either something wrong with your setup or tuner is fooked!

7. rickrust

rickrust Member

Hi thanks for that what image should i use ?? the one I have on my 500t should do it

8. rickrust

rickrust Member

rickrust (18 Feb 2010 12:50) Hi this is doing my head in Im on Ch**** cable using the DB500t working great the guy down the road has the Ch**** mess dish when I plug in the 500t and run a scan, just get NO SERVICE CAN BE FOUND ???? should i be using a different image or should i be using a 500 c or s or should i set the freq

9. tomhick02

tomhick02 Regular member

if your mate has one working, backup the image from his box using 'dreamup' saving the file as a .img file - eg: backup.img, then flash that backup image to your unit using dreamup again!

10. rickrust

rickrust Member

Hi backed up image to new box did the scan worked great, however when i turned off the dbox turned it back on all channels are gone so re flased imaged worked again, then the channels went again, so I brought the dbox home re flased it working fine running it for the last few hours no prob !!! Help

11. tomhick02

tomhick02 Regular member

You are more than welcome!!

12. rickrust

rickrust Member

hi the new box seems to be freezing a lot, never had trouble with the box i have !!! any idea what might be up