1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chameleon chip , linux bios, and flashing, a question or 2

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by cubcake1, Oct 29, 2003.

1. cubcake1

cubcake1 Member

Can I assume if I get my flashing blue light, an auto eject and the linux screen up on my screen, (and I have) that I have installed the Chameleon v 1.3 chip correctly?

Could I also assume that once I flashed the chip, with a separate programmer, with another bios (which I have) that it should then be accessing the newly flashed bios?

I wonder because I am not able to get my new, store bought xbox to see any of my backed up games, or evox. ( I have done a previous mod on another machine.)

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If you flash it with the programmer and verify without errors then you chip should be OK. Use a color mod bios to make sure it is loading.

For disc's not loading, it may just be that your XBox dvd drive doesn't "like" that brand of disc.

RustyDOg

3. cubcake1

cubcake1 Member

Thanks for the reply. My previous mod (-s) have all went without issue. I have always used Memorex DVD+R disks with no problem.

Sure enough, I put in a cheapo dvd-r and it works fine.

Thanks for the help!

4. juanjohn

juanjohn Guest

When I try to write to my chameleon using the Xodus Programmer, I keep getting "unknown flash". Can someone tell me why?

5. juanjohn

juanjohn Guest

What is a color mod bios?