1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chameleon reads thru programmer as a matrix

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by bluewoodz, Nov 18, 2003.

1. bluewoodz

bluewoodz Member

ok my new dilema is i flashed my chameleon on all 4 banks with a 256k bios.

now when i goto flash it with evoxm7 my programmer reads it as a matrix.
    i have tried all the switches on different modes and it still reads as a matrix.

CAN I FIX THIS?

i also put my chameleon on the programmer with the programmer pluged in the holes for it being a matrix add on i think thats what messed it up.

please help
    thanks

2. bluewoodz

bluewoodz Member

am i the only idiot whose had this happen flashing 4 banks with an old 256k color bios then the programer reading it as a matrix and it sayin unknown bios and it not flashing it. i please help me... lol

3. xbob

xbob Member

If you can boot to evox then just copy and paste the m7bios to a folder in C:/ called "bios" (c:/bios) then in the evox dash go to "system utils" then "flash bios" select the bios you want and hit start or A. works like a charm. Before you do that you should set the chip to the 1mb bios mode. It will flash the whole chip in all 4 banks with the bios. Or if not that it will flash bank 1 and make it looks like a 1mb bios.

If that works let me clear somthin up: evox dash 3921 doesn’t recognize m7; it calls it unknown bios for some reason.

If you haven’t been able to boot to evox check the settings on the chip- you could have done something weird to it’s bank selector.

Once you have evox working you don’t need the programmer anymore. JUST FLASH THE CHIP RIGHT OF THE DASHBOARD!!!