1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change game preview on dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jealousjo, Apr 28, 2005.

1. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

How in the world do i take an in-game picture and apply it as my game preview on the dashboard. I am running the newest version of UnleashX.

2. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

do you mean a screenshot? if you do, then what you do is put the screen shot in a folder somewhere on your HDD (for example a "picture" folder, Duh LOL), then when you are at the game list, go to that game and hit the start key, a menu should pop up, select "edit item..." (If "edit item..." is not availble, you need to go to your system settings to enable it) next go to "icon" hit the "A" button and just point it to where the icon is stored and select it. Thats it.

As a side note, you can download icons and preview vids striaght from the box if it connected to the internet. Instead of hitting the "A" button, hit the start button, and scroll down to "download online..." and it will automatically download the icon or preview vid if its available.

good luck

3. jealousjo

jealousjo Guest

i see what you mean, but i ran into a road block on trying to downloading. it keep telling me http error. what should my settings be?

I am able to change screenshots though, but would love to have vids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. deezp1

deezp1 Regular member

that actually might be the download server, I would reboot and try again. I have got the message before and tried later and it worked. Does your IP show up on the dashboard (assuming you have a dash loaded the can show the xbox IP), if not then you are not connected to the internet. Also, dont set the box to Static IP, set it to Dynamic. I find better success that way.

Since it seems you are new to UnleashX, there are a couple cool things you can do with it that a lot of peeps dont know. you can download game saves from the internet, Im sure you know you can copy a game to your hdd straight from the dash. you can also set up RSS feeds to the dash. You can also have a video Screen saver or a picture slide show screen saver. There other things you can do, but I cant remember right now.