1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change motherboard

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by elkaiman, Sep 13, 2007.

1. elkaiman

elkaiman Guest

I just change my motherboard to a P4M80-M4 (biostar) everything fitted great my 478 cpu and my 1GB ram PC2700-512x2, but I notice that its much slower than what i had- (HP-MS6671) I have clean everything, my registry,prefetch, i have defrag. well , now i'm thinking that maybe i have made a wrong choice, need input

2. Wilbow

Wilbow Guest

When you say you have 'clean everything' does that mean you have just installed the motherboard with the same install of Windows on the HDD?
    Or have you done a clean install of Windows after rebuilding your PC?

3. socom0000

socom0000 Member

you should have went with one of the newer motherboatds with socket 775 and saved up for 775 Processor.

4. elkaiman

elkaiman Guest

no i install the M.B. and i formatted the hdd and install window xp from a disk and after i install all my personal software i did a disk clean up and i defrag, than i notice that it was slow and even freezing up so i reinstall the video driver that comes with the motherboard. but still so what i've been doing is unistall some software(personal ones) maybe its one of my programs.

5. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

hardly socom, you can't put a socket 478 CPU in a 775 board, so while he was 'saving up' he would have had no PC.

What runs slow? It could be a question of drivers that aren't installed, but not that many Biostar motherboards are that good, so I'm afraid to say you may not have made a very good purchase.

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

elkaiman, did you use your hp recovery disk?

7. elkaiman

elkaiman Guest

no, i purchase a win xp disk and with my old xp product key no. i enter and install, hp disks i think will not work with cause the only thing thats left is the cpu and the tower case