1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change region code on ISO files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 7DS, Feb 5, 2008.

1. 7DS

7DS Member

I've got some ISOs and IMG files, but they're pal, and my dvd player only plays the USA version, how can I convert them to the standard version, and will I loose any quality?
    Thanks.
    Sorry if this is wrong forum.

2. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

7DS,

You can use DVD Shrink. Run it. Drag and drop the ISO image file into it. To compensate for the corresponding loss of quality, reauthor the file to encode just the main movie. Click Backup!. On the small window that pops up, click DVD Region; make sure the Region Free box is ticked. And lastly, click OK.

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

drop file in dvd flick, if it doesnt except iso then use winrar to open to its files (iso just a wrapper) in dvd flick set pal or ntsc in project options, dvd shrink doesnt change pal/ntsc but does make region free...

4. 7DS

7DS Member

I wil give dvd flick a try right now.

I'm unlucky and some times I get images or ISOs that dvd shrink won't open and I dont know how to fix it, so I have to burn directly with decrypter.

:S

Speaking of which, anything I can do for them not opening with dvd shrink?

Just tried dvd Flick with an img file, It says
    "xxxxx could not be opened. The file may be corrupted or it's format may be unsupported"
    And dvdshrink won't open it, and nero gives me problems burning them reguardless if something else can. T_T

Last edited: Feb 6, 2008
  5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Like Rotary said, you need to extract the folders/files from the ISO wrapper first. You cannot use the image file directry in DVD Flick. Use Winrar to extract, then load the vob files in DVD Flick.

6. 7DS

7DS Member

It's just one file that's 4.xx GB.
    If it doesn't have vob files what next?

7. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

You said it was an image file.Open that file with Winrar. Click extract.

8. 7DS

7DS Member

I did that....

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

And? What do you have?

10. 7DS

7DS Member

An image file like I said.

11. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Okay, so you are saying that you had an image file(an ISO or IMG), you used Winrar to "unpack", extract from that ISO, and you got another image file?!

12. 7DS

7DS Member

No.

I'm saying, I extract the file, and it's either ISO or IMG. Then dvd shrink says can't open it, or it's pal and won't play on a dvd player.

13. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Well if DVDShrink won't open it there is a structure problem, pretty common with DVD's that have been worked on to remove various buttons, extras, warnings etc. improperly (they may still play if burned though).

You problem has nothing to do with "Change region code on ISO files", you have a PAL/NTSC problem... not region coding.

14. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@MysticE
    Yeah, we figured it was using the wrong terminology; that's what he needs, to change from Pal to NTSC. I am just not sure what he is doing when trying to extract the files from the ISO. The movie could then be run through FixVts and maybe fix some structure errors. DVD Flick would require just the VOB files, no IFO/BUP, and could re-encode to NTSC.

15. 7DS

7DS Member

How can I fix the PAL/NTSC problem then?

And how can you remove title menus with dvd shrink?

16. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

ok i think you are talking about extracting the iso from winrar (these img and iso came as winrar files) and you extracted the iso and img files to your hard drive yes?

ok

now when you extracted the iso and img files (out of winrar) you placed them in a folder on your hard drive yes?

ok

now, right click on the iso file a drop down box opens asking "OPEN WITH" use winrar a second time to open up the iso and it will show the folders inside (NICE)

you are useing or need to use winrar twice if came as winrar file, once to EXTRACT iso, then second to OPEN up iso, 2 different stages useing winrar = extracting is 1 / opening is 2

now with these folders there is a VIDEO_TS folder you should be looking at in winrar, inside that are vobs, these are the video files of the film... be careful if the iso/film has menus and extras there will be more vobs than just the main movie! so all you need is the main movie vobs to work with

now you can drop those .vobs in dvd flick to set (pal/ntsc in project options tab) your choice and make new dvd, which after if you wish can be loaded to dvd shrink...

-------------

or get the vobs ONLY out and use ifoedit on them to make new bup and ifo files (for main movie only) then use dvd shrink...

NOTE extract the VIDEO_TS folder and delete everything inside EXCEPT main movie .vob files !!! then load in ifoedit useing CREATE IFO button (keep destination SAME as original source)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2008
  17. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Good call Rotary, an ISO in rar format!

18. 7DS

7DS Member

I think it's the img that's in bad format.

19. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Could be. it happens, especially when they are compressed in an archive, like a rar file.

20. 7DS

7DS Member

Every time I try to use IfoEdit, it gives some error, is there a tut here I can read? After it's done processing them.