1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change region code on ISO files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by 7DS, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

your not giving much info to work on asince my last post, so have tottally no idea what stage you got to with iso or img files???

did you manage to do anything into dvd?

as much info as possible then we can go from how far you got and get you futher along

thx..

2. 7DS

7DS Member

I did everything in your post, got the 2 folders, then when I open them, I get errors.
    I'm not sure what else you need. :(

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

ok so you open a FOLDER and get errors? (whats the error on the folder?)

4. 7DS

7DS Member

When I dragged the files into the program you said use.
    I think I'm doing it wrong, is there a tut some where I can read?

5. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

are we taliking about dvd flick as the program?

and did you place only the vobs in dvd flick?

6. lpaj

lpaj Member

i think im having the same issue. i downloaded an .ISO copy of Hackers which i was able to burn and watch on my comp but not on my DVD player. the burnt dvd will load on my player but will not show the film properly; it has that "vertical hold" look (ie. frames look like they're moving up constantly).
    the file prbly originated in the UK/Australia (i can only assume as per the disclaimer at the beginning of the film), im in canada. square peg round hole issue.

DVDshrink didnt help.
    so i extracted the .iso file producing its appropriate folders (AUDIO_TS (which is empty) and VIDEO_TS) and files (.VOB, .BUP, .IFO).
    using the DVD Flick method wont load all the .VOB files; "The file may be corrupted or its format may not be supported". only a couple .VOB files will load.
    i thought that the original .iso file may have been the issue. so i tried ripping the burnt DVD, which works just fine on my computer (using ripit4me, along w/ DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink) and then use the .VOB files produced in DVD Flick and same deal; it won't load the same .VOB files as before.

im a little stumped.

7. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

done any other films recently and they play on standalone player? from same batch of dvdr's ? whats the dye code?

does the film have a menu?

8. lpaj

lpaj Member

ive ripped and burnt other dvds lately ("gone baby gone" the most recent, its a good flick btw), no problems. those VOB files work fine w/ VLC player. not sure if thats the answer ur looking for.
    in this recent attempt, the movie has menues, i used 2 seperate brands of DVDRs.
    no clue what a dye code is.

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

having menus means some app wont load all the vobs, as some apps only convert/make main movie only so need to locate the main movie only .VOBS for the app rest are menu and not needed...

dye code can be read off a dvdr with imgburn or dvdinfopro or dvd identifier, pop disc in use one of the apps to read disc.

check the dvdrs that do play against the ones that dont play and see if dye code is the same...

have a look here few pics on it http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/628630

Last edited: Feb 19, 2008
  10. lpaj

lpaj Member

so what should be done about the menu? are u saying that DVD Flick can only load the VOBs that do not contain menues? if this is so, than why would the VOBs containing only a portion (1gig) of the movie, and movie only, not load?
    using ImgBurn, Dye Code/Disc ID are: MCC-004-00 and 0@P-!-00. of the 3 DVDRs, the 2 that are of the same brand have the same ID (0@P-!-00). all of these DVDRs work fine on my puter (at least for as long as i tested them, i didnt watch the whole movie on each DVD). what is the significance of the Dye Code anyway?

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

MCC-004-00 and 0@P-!-00

do any of these play in the standalone dvd player out the 3 dvdrs?

dye code is a major stumbling block, cheap dye/dvdrs = bad play if at all... good dvdrs play in most things all way through, also burning speed can be a big issue, on cheap burn fast means bad playback

===================

in dvd flick yes to getting/locating movie only vobs from your whole dvd to make it work

12. varnull

varnull Guest

**shakes head and sighs** [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2008
  13. lpaj

lpaj Member

yeah, they all play in my stock DVDplayer that came w/ my toshiba laptop ("toshiba dvd player") as well as VLC and windows media player. i hope this is what u meant by standalone player.
    huh? not sure what ur saying.

14. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

standalone dvd player = not anything to do with a pc/laptop.

standalone dvd player = an on its own player unit like xbox/ps2/tv dvd player

15. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I usually mean a real player not some bastardized game machine. Spent too many years in the vid business dealing with ps2 crap that could only handle pressed DVDs some of the time.

16. lpaj

lpaj Member

in that case, in a stand alone DVD player, ie. the one hooked up to my tv; no, none of the DVDs play properly. it has that "vertical hold" look (ie. frames look like they're moving up constantly) similar to what it would look like if u were to play a north american VHS cassette into a PAL VCR.

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

is your output set on auto for ntsc or pal, or is it manully set by as your region output?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  18. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Run it through DVDShrink and in Preferences-> Output Files, untick 'Split VOB files...'. Save 'Uncompressed'. You will end up with one large VOB. See if that one will load.

19. lpaj

lpaj Member

im not sure how to confirm this. but for any of the programmes i use to rip and/or burn default settings work fine. for DVDShrink i set it to region free or region 1, neither burnt DVDs would work in my standalone DVD player. i know neither of these settings dont have anything to do w/ the PAL vs. NTSC but its the only thing i can see related to ur comment; i didnt notice any related settings in either of RipIt4Me or DVDDecrypter (or ImgBurn).
    w/ regard to "save 'unpressed'", if ur refering to a settings change, i saw no such option.
    the previous aside, this method would not even burn. Nero would complain be saying that the size is greater than 2gig so it cant burn a DVD-video.

20. MysticE

MysticE Active member

You are NTSC. Your vid is probably PAL. Run one of the VOBs through GSpot to confirm. The point of creating one large VOB was to see if DVDFlick would accept it. You would set DVDFlick to NTSC. It would then re-encode it NTSC. You could also run the VOB through NeroVision (or NeroVision express) to accomplish the same thing.

Good luck