1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change subtitle font in Super converter?

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Druidboi, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Druidboi

Druidboi Member

I've been converting .mkv's into avi's and the video turns out fine but the subtitle font, it's set to a very large font size and the chosen font is kinda crappy. I don't see any options in the application itself to configure this. How would I change this?

I'm assuming it's a codec setting but which one and where do I go to configure it? Let's just assume I'm a noob so we don't miss any steps :)

Using Super converter (erightsoft) with default settings other than video bitrate and audio quality.

2. GRANVEIL

GRANVEIL Member

I'm having the same problems
    The subtitles are horrible

3. frjoe

frjoe Member

Sup? Created an account just to reply to you.

You need to download and set up the relevant codecs ensuring that the subtitles are appearing in windows media player (Not MPC or VLC).

For me I had to download the Halii Media splitter to get the subtitles to show up properly.

Finally, when you encode the video with super check the direct show decode box.

Please for the love of god let me know if it works. I went to a lot of trouble to help you folks.

4. TomatoSou

TomatoSou Member

It correctly displays in Windows Media Player, but I cannot get the subtitles to change no matter what I touch.

5. cowbaka

cowbaka Member

I have the same problem - both on 64 bit Vista (and also on Windows 7 RC1) and on 32 bit XP - at first I thought it was a 32 vs. 64 bit codec issue, but that's not it.

I discovered through some poking and prodding that you can swap out
    the font used for subtitles with one of your choice - but you don't
    have control over the size. Some fonts are smaller at the same font
    size though - Calabri worked well, and is much more readable. To
    swap it, you rename the font in the \eRightSoft\SUPER\mencoder\mplayer
    folder from "subfont.ttf" to something else (or just delete it if you're not paranoid) and copy (make sure not to move) the font of your choice from \windows\fonts to that folder (like I said, Calabri is a good one but pick whatever you want). Rename the font you copied to "subfont.ttf". Doing that in Vista / 7 is a pain because it wants to "protect" that folder and thinks the new font is a system font, but in XP it worked without any hassle.

6. frjoe

frjoe Member

Very nice find my friend. Thanks.

7. 15000

15000 Guest

spammer removed

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2009