1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

change the stop screen

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by msb5150, Jan 25, 2003.

1. msb5150

msb5150 Regular member

I've used windows (with IE) for it must be 7 yrs now, and its always annyed me that the screen that pops up when I hit stop just sucks. SO does anyone happen to know how to change the screen to something of their own design, I use win2k pro (thats pretty important because I HAVE found a solution, cerca win95.

Thanks to all replies and suggestions in advance._X_X_X_X_X_[small]This is an amazingly imformative site with many places to find information and help. Please support it.[/small]

2. fruitfly

fruitfly Member

When using Internet Explorer, you may find that it often displays a certain error on a white background when something goes wrong. For instance, if a page is loading, and you press ESC, you IE may display an "Action Canceled" message on a white page. There are several error pages like this, and in some cases you can customize IE to display an error page of your choosing instead. In the following location in the Registry you can find many of the possible errors, and you can change the value to be the location of the custom web page of your choice.

Hive: HKEY_LOCAL_Machine
    Key: Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs
    Name: varies
    Data Type: REG_SZ
    Value: varies

For instance, double-click the NavigationCanceled string, and change the value from "res://shdoclc.dll/navcancl.htm" to http://myserver.com/myerror.htm. Please use caution and frequent backups when editing the Registry.

Not sure if this will help. I found it here: http://windows.about.com/library/tips/bltip568.htm